Groups

External hard drive help - missing folder

On my external hard drive i have various folders, music, films etc, the film one now is just a blank folder and when i click it it i get the message that it refers to a location that is unavailabe.

I know i haven't moved the films or folder, is there any way to get then back?

3 Comments

Plug the drive into a Vista laptop or PC and it will ask i you want to fix the drives errors.

No sure how to do it on XP. Sure someone can help though.

Good luck.

Original Poster

dale4020;5604869

Plug the drive into a Vista laptop or PC and it will ask i you want to … Plug the drive into a Vista laptop or PC and it will ask i you want to fix the drives errors.No sure how to do it on XP. Sure someone can help though.Good luck.

it's plugged into a vista laptop

try searching *.avi or *mp3 if no results come up its probably gone , also try a recovery program , if its been accidently deleted it should so up there. Another thing you could try is unchecking "hide folders" and "hide system folders.." you might have some luck there
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions