External hard drive problem

6 replies
Found 10th Nov 2008
I've took my 40gb out of my ps3 and put it in an external enclosure so i can use it as an external hard drive.

It's been working fine but now when i plug it into my laptop it recognises it as a new external drive and asks me if i want to format it, when i click yes it tries to format it but then says it can't be formatted.

Thing is my it works fine on my pc and the wifes laptop.

Anyone got any idea as to why it's doing this and what i can do to get it to work on my laptop?

6 Comments

Get a "]HDD regenerator" and use it to fix the HDD. It saved my a... hundreds of times. Or download little bit more complicated soft called ]Victoria. :thumbsup:

Do not forget not to write or delete ANYTHING from that drive. Install this soft on your other drive nit the external one. And not FORMAT it otherwise you will lose you date.

Original Poster

iliko;3426309

Get a "]HDD regenerator" and use it to fix the HDD. It saved my a... … Get a "]HDD regenerator" and use it to fix the HDD. It saved my a... hundreds of times. Or download little bit more complicated soft called ]Victoria. :thumbsup:Do not forget not to write or delete ANYTHING from that drive. Install this soft on your other drive nit the external one. And not FORMAT it otherwise you will lose you date.

cheers i'll give that a try :thumbsup:

Not that it's anything to do with this thread, but, 'Souljacker', are you an Eels fan?

Original Poster

dxx;3427818

Not that it's anything to do with this thread, but, 'Souljacker', are you … Not that it's anything to do with this thread, but, 'Souljacker', are you an Eels fan?

how did you guess;-)

Original Poster

couldn't get that programme to work, anyone else got any suggestions?

souljacker;3430429

couldn't get that programme to work, anyone else got any suggestions?

Search and find Hiren's Boot CD which has not only HDD regenerator but also many other stuff inside. Boot from it and run HDD regenerator.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien636
    2. CEX grading33
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person633
    4. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?44

See more discussions