Groups

External HDD query. techy help required.

Just seen this on a deals thread-

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=2

Quick query- I've got a load of karaoke files where each karaoke song is split into 2 files- 1x mp3 file (audio) & 1 CDG file (onscreen graphic).

I've got about 50gb worth & I want to start using them for karaoke presentation as opposed to using discs.

Would the above product be ok to store them on, along with other music mp3 files?

I have a karaoke/dj program installed on my lappy- ( PCDJ/KJ for those in the know) - I am purely looking for storage that is fast, easy to use, cheap & reliable.

Bear in mind I'm no techy so please don't blind me with science!

Cheers

Col.

6 Comments

Are you currently using them off your internal drive? If so then this will be fine mate.

Original Poster

harlzter;2348805

Are you currently using them off your internal drive? If so then this … Are you currently using them off your internal drive? If so then this will be fine mate.

hey up Harlz- long time no hear- I been up my a**e lately!

I'm not currently using them for shows because I've not managed to get a song list/book printed yet - 20,000+ songs - a lot of typing!

So at the mo, I'm still using my karaoke discs on a pro-karaoke player.

however, they are stored on my internal drive & play absolutely fine off it. I just want to offload them, back 'em up & free the space. If that makes sense!

karaokecolin;2348829

hey up Harlz- long time no hear- I been up my a**e lately!I'm not … hey up Harlz- long time no hear- I been up my a**e lately!I'm not currently using them for shows because I've not managed to get a song list/book printed yet - 20,000+ songs - a lot of typing!So at the mo, I'm still using my karaoke discs on a pro-karaoke player.however, they are stored on my internal drive & play absolutely fine off it. I just want to offload them, back 'em up & free the space. If that makes sense!

Are they stored in a folder with correct names to each one? If so this may help ]dirprinting allows you to print a list of everything stored in a folder and sub folders, I use this and export them to excel for editing.

karaokecolin;2348829

long time no hear- I been up my a**e lately!

Audition for next years Britain's Got Talent...............with a trick like that you can buy mucho Karaoke with the £100,000 prize money. :w00t:

;-):thumbsup:

Original Poster

Syzable;2352345

Audition for next years Britain's Got Talent...............with a trick … Audition for next years Britain's Got Talent...............with a trick like that you can buy mucho Karaoke with the £100,000 prize money. :w00t:;-):thumbsup:

:-D one of many talents - inter-cranial anial insertion!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GTX 1070 went out and old card won't work either.11
      2. Good Sim only deals??57
      3. Digital ps4 games22
      4. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER45

See more discussions