Groups
    EXPIRED

Extra durable inner tube for bike

My son is having endless punctures on his bike, hes repairing punctures nearly every day and also having to buy inner tubes when they get too much. I cant remember where but i've heard you can get gel type inner tubes, that either prevents punctures or are extra durable, anyone know?

Thanks

8 Comments

Theres a few different brands. Best ones are called "Slime" tubes (slime is the brand)

They're £7.99 rather than the usual £4.99 for a normal tube but they self-heal holes upto 1/8 inch.

Stop thorns really well, which cause 90% of punctures in my experience

What size are his wheels?

Chainreaction do Dr Sludge (just as good) for £4.99 each with free postage

Original Poster

teambintip;2803742

What size are his wheels?Chainreaction do Dr Sludge (just as good) for … What size are his wheels?Chainreaction do Dr Sludge (just as good) for £4.99 each with free postage

Thanks for your reply

26" wheels

No worries at all

Here you go - ]click - "Schrader" is a car-type valve

if the puncture is in the same place every time, he probably hasnt removed all of the ofending object from the tyre.

This happened to me, constantly getting punctures no matter how careful i was. there was a very small sliver of glass that was embeded in the tyre, couldnt even feel it when i felt around the tyre.

eventually by very close examinaton of the puncture area i found it.

Original Poster

Thanks teambintip, should of got these at the start of his summer hols

Good price too

have repped you

Original Poster

Teqnophile;2803908

if the puncture is in the same place every time, he probably hasnt … if the puncture is in the same place every time, he probably hasnt removed all of the ofending object from the tyre.This happened to me, constantly getting punctures no matter how careful i was. there was a very small sliver of glass that was embeded in the tyre, couldnt even feel it when i felt around the tyre.eventually by very close examinaton of the puncture area i found it.

Will ask him to check this too, you could be right:thumbsup:

puncture proof Kevlar lined tyres may be the answer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions