Extra help at Heathrow airport

Found 20th Aug 2009
Seeking for an advice...

My parents are coming all the way from Hong Kong to Heathrow Airport and then catch a connection flight to Edinburgh however I am not sure they can find their way from terminal 3 to terminal 5 for the connection flight due to being old age and non english speaker.

I am wondering if there is a special service or assistance provided by BAA that would help them to catch the right connection flight?

I have spoken to the airline (Cathay Pacific), they said the staff will provide some quick guidance. However I do know the airport is complicated for anybody who wants to get from terminal 3 to terminal 5.

Any advice or suggestion would be welcome.

Cheers

15 Comments

Hey if i can remember correctly theres a train which goes direct to T5

personally though if it was my parents id go there and bring them back.

Its a fair trot between the two terminals, so I'd speak to the airline (rather than BAA) to see if they can arrange something.

After all, if it was unnacompanied children or someone with a disability they'd sort something out.

Good luck.

P.S Ask the staff at Cathay what "Quick guidance" involves.

tell your rents to call you when there arrive at heathrow then get them to pass the phone over to a member of staff from the airline.

Original Poster

Monkeybumcheeks;6064195

P.S Ask the staff at Cathay what "Quick guidance" involves.

The staff will provide the directions in Chinese on how to get terminal 3 to terminal 5. That is pretty much it. I don't think it would be enough tho.

ziggyboy;6064279

The staff will provide the directions in Chinese on how to get terminal 3 … The staff will provide the directions in Chinese on how to get terminal 3 to terminal 5. That is pretty much it. I don't think it would be enough tho.

I wouldnt have thought so.... its a pretty daunting place for anyone thats not been there before.
Like I said,you might be able to set up some special arrangements in advance,like the do for kids travelling alone etc.

Speak to Cathay and see what they come back with.

With other flights that my relatives have been on the airline has transferred them all by bus (the airlines own private bus) to the other terminal. I thought this is what all airlines do?

MarzBarz;6064190

personally though if it was my parents id go there and bring them back.

+1

From Personal Exp, lots of good signs and its pretty easy

Banned

possible for them to bring me back a few cheap chargers and china made electronic items ?

thx

dont serviceair do this, I know they did in Gatwick with my mother, we put her on a plane from Queensland to Gastwick and they looked after her all the way through even on the stop at Singapore, then they put her on one of their little buggys and took her to my sister who was waiting

strike;6064987

From Personal Exp, lots of good signs and its pretty easy

but do they read/speak good english? Im sure the airline would help out if you persist

Original Poster

Afraid not, they don't speak or read English. I have spoken to Cathy, they said they can only help anybody within terminal 3 however they can provide directions to terminal 5. That is not sufficient for my parents who never fly before and over 70 years old.

Original Poster

manzi;6064355

With other flights that my relatives have been on the airline has … With other flights that my relatives have been on the airline has transferred them all by bus (the airlines own private bus) to the other terminal. I thought this is what all airlines do?

Surely not at Heathrow.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548046
    2. Just saw justice league *mimor spoiler*44
    3. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1635
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771879

See more discussions