Groups

Extras when getting sky installed?

Hey all,

I have never had Sky and have decided to take the plunge in time for Xmas viewing! The engineer is coming out next week to fit a dish and install a Sky+ box for me.

My house has an aerial in the roof which runs to aerial points in 4 bedrooms and the lounge.

My question is, what will the Sky engineer do when he installs? Will he attach the dish to the wall and run direct to the lounge, or will he run to the loft junction box? Making use of all the aerial points available?

Also, when the EON heating engineer comes to service my boiler, i pay him at extra to service my fire (which he isn't supposed to do!) So, for extra payment, is there anything i should be asking the sky engineer to do which would be beneficial for my sky viewing pleasure?!

Thanks

11 Comments

Ask him to fit a dreambox so you can cardshare (_;)

Banned

Sky engineer won't go in your loft no matter how much you pay him. He isn't insured.

dimebars

Sky engineer won't go in your loft no matter how much you pay him. He … Sky engineer won't go in your loft no matter how much you pay him. He isn't insured.

mine did - wouldn't fit a junction box .. but did give me about 20m of cable to do it myself

He'll put dish outside and run wire in to your house, set your tv & phone line up and then just run thru whats what about sky, like how to record and series link, will prob set up remote to your tv so you can use sky remote for all your tv functions. some will do jobs on the side so he might give you his number cuz after a year your box is out of warranty and costs quite abit for a sky engineer to come out.

not that much really

starsparkle2311

I only have freeview, so tell me what am I missing?

dimebars

Sky engineer won't go in your loft no matter how much you pay him. He … Sky engineer won't go in your loft no matter how much you pay him. He isn't insured.

Mine did too, that's where all the tv wires were

starsparkle2311

I don't watch much tv, I often feel my kids may be missing out because … I don't watch much tv, I often feel my kids may be missing out because they don't watch it either, but they're not bothered so neither am I. We have plenty of dvd's and we have fun on the PS3, so happy medium I guess, plus I can't afford Sky anyway,lol

your not missing anything SS, hundreds of channels and most of it is trash

Edited by: "bigflump" 9th Dec 2010

Your kids are defo NOT missing out, you spend quality time with them and no programme can compare to that.

starsparkle2311

I don't watch much tv, I often feel my kids may be missing out because … I don't watch much tv, I often feel my kids may be missing out because they don't watch it either, but they're not bothered so neither am I. We have plenty of dvd's and we have fun on the PS3, so happy medium I guess, plus I can't afford Sky anyway,lol

I might be wrong here, but fact u have an aerial on ur roof just now makes no difference to fact your getting Sky as your aerial will become redundant (unless like me, you have freeview on ur kitchen tv)

SS - yip agree with Aunty Jane, spend that quality time with ur kids

Original Poster

agreed - my point was that there was a 5 way junction box on th loft i thought the sky guy may be able to use to pipe sky to each aerial point - i know nothing about sky!!

ivrytwr3

agreed - my point was that there was a 5 way junction box on th loft i … agreed - my point was that there was a 5 way junction box on th loft i thought the sky guy may be able to use to pipe sky to each aerial point - i know nothing about sky!!

unfortunately sky doesn't work very well with signal splitters, to work properly a new feed from the dish needs to be run to each location, also the connectors are different and i doubt he would have the adapters to convert them even if they would work.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1318
      2. To buy Iphone 633
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband67
      4. Purchasing Fifa 18 through EA Access question11

See more discussions