EYEPET help needed (PS3)

7 replies
Found 8th Jan 2010
Any advice? Card is really fiddly and gets picked up by the camera seemingly at random

Lighting conditions too dark? (Main lights on although they are a bit dim)

Back ground too dark? (Dark brown mat on light wood laminate).

Also it is a nightmare interacting with it, it doesn't seem to recognise all 3 dimensions. so the egg appears to be floating in my lounge and I can't for the life of me get the heater to switch on - 15 minutes of waving arms and not not even got close

And the camera instructions - place 30cm to 60cm high and pivot camera all the way down is a bit annoying, to get a photo of my kids at the start they were basically crawling on the floor. Basically playing with a 2 m sq area right in front of the TV , I thought the pet was supposed to go all around the room?????

Very frustrated eyepet owner here............

7 Comments

its does take a while perserve its fun when it works the heater you need to keep hitting the button on the top, the lower the camera the better

Original Poster

tubbies74;7475158

its does take a while perserve its fun when it works the heater you need … its does take a while perserve its fun when it works the heater you need to keep hitting the button on the top, the lower the camera the better

Ye sbut like I say it doesnt seem to be in 3 dimensions, so you can't actually guage where the heater button is. Turned it off for the night, might have another go tomorrow. But for me its all about how good the "magic card" is - and I'm definately not impressed with it at the moment

it works much much better in the daytime because of the light then it does in the evening. i'd give it a go in the morning if i were you

Original Poster

missp27;7475400

it works much much better in the daytime because of the light then it … it works much much better in the daytime because of the light then it does in the evening. i'd give it a go in the morning if i were you

Will do. Repped you both :thumbsup: Just thought the card would work 24 hrs a day, is all :?

As above try it in the day with the lights on....make sure the card on the floor is around the right way. As we found if its not then the heater actually faces in the worng direction....weird but true. Once the camera has locked onto the card with the red bit nearest to the user, then it should work fine....it does take a while to get used to using it but the kids will eventually get it.

i had the same problem , i tried at night time and the heater wouldnt work so i tried the next morning and worked fine.

Original Poster

Got the heater working, and completed the first day. Then realised that was on my brothers profile so tried to do it on my profile (in the daytime) and struggled again. The technology behind it is so hit and miss it is unbelievable......The magic card is actually quite good (ie when used as a cookie jar, a shower etc etc) - but its the interaction with things like the eyepet, the heater, the egg etc etc which have you (or me) wafting around in thin air desperately trying to connect.

Wouldn't recommend, although I must admit the kids love it and it is good fun (when it works)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions