Groups

FA CUP FINAL - waahey

I love cup final day - Anyone else???

23 Comments

I'm Pompey 'til July! I'm Pompey 'til July! I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Pompey 'til July!

Original Poster

At what point did the finalists stop recording songs - They were always a good laugh!!

monkey.nut;2118790

At what point did the finalists stop recording songs - They were always a … At what point did the finalists stop recording songs - They were always a good laugh!!

uk.youtube.com/wat…wUY

And not a bad one either.....

Original Poster

edna_clouds;2118835

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RFmKsXy2wUYAnd not a bad one either.....

'We are Cardiff City and we are going to Wembley' 'Weve been knocking on the door for 80 years or more' - LOL

Cum On Cadddiiiif!

monkey.nut;2118864

' 'Weve been knocking on the door for 80 years or more' - LOL

Classic Cup Finals: 1927
    Friday, 09 May 2003.

TheFA.com continues to look back on classic FA Cup Finals of the past, today looking at Cardiff City's win over Arsenal back in 1927. The Welshmen's victory is still the only time that a team outside of England has carried away the famous trophy...

Cardiff City 1-0 Arsenal
    The FA Cup Final
    Wembley Stadium
    Saturday 23 April 1927

Arsenal, under the magic touch of Herbert Chapman, were captained by the famous Charles Buchan and had other star players in Hulme, Parker and John. Cardiff City, with practically the same defence as that of the 1925 Final but now with a new forward line, were at the peak of their powers.

For Arsenal, however, only Buchan lived up to his reputation, setting up at least three clear chances for his colleagues. The Welsh supporters massed on the Wembley banks had little to sing about, with both defences well in command and play for the most part incoherent. Then, out of the blue, the decisive goal came in the seventy third minute.

Following a Cardiff throw-in, Ferguson tried a hurried shot at goal before he could be tackled. His drive was a hard one, low and diagonal, but Lewis, Arsenal's Welsh international goalkeeper, appeared to have it covered. However, with Davies and Irving challenging, the ball somehow twisted on Lewis' chest and trickled sowly over the line.

It was a classic example of the kind of luck that can win or lose a Final. Fred Keenor and his men went on to take the Cup, and the trophy went out of England for the first time.

Teams:

Cardiff City: Farquharson; Nelson, Watson; Keenor, Sloan, Hardy; Curtis, Irving, Ferguson, Davies L., M'Laclan

Goals: Ferguson 74

Arsenal: Lewis; Parker, Kennedy; Baker, Butler, John; Hulme, Buchan, Brain, Blyth, Hoar

Referee: WF Bunnell (

waheey canny wait !

just a warm up for the really big day 2moz.. even got a song cambridgefansunited.org/

ohh how close was that

masterruckus;2119009

ohh how close was that

not close enough! lol ;-)

yellowsticker;2119016

not close enough! lol ;-)

im happy about the miss

masterruckus;2119020

im happy about the miss

:oops:

im an honary welshy seeing as i have lived here for 26 years!

yesssssssssss 2-0!!!!!!!

muffin247;2119047

yesssssssssss 2-0!!!!!!!

You got a crystal ball??

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgMP0163.jpg

boooooooooooooo

kanu can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1-0

Iiiiiiiiiim Pompey Til July.

No wonder Villa got rid of that keeper...

Who,s got the keys to them floodgates??

It should be 1-1:x

edna_clouds;2119116

No wonder Villa got rid of that keeper...Who,s got the keys to them … No wonder Villa got rid of that keeper...Who,s got the keys to them floodgates??

Agreed about the keeper. Talk about indecision. Apart from him, Cardiff are looking good - still think they might take this, despite the half-time score.

Liddle ol' me;2119236

Agreed about the keeper. Talk about indecision. Apart from him, Cardiff … Agreed about the keeper. Talk about indecision. Apart from him, Cardiff are looking good - still think they might take this, despite the half-time score.

I think theres still a bit of life in Cardiff.. If they can score early in the second half they might give pompey a game.. If not they might tire and have a bit of a panning.. Hope not..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions