Face mask donation to NHS

Posted 25th Mar
Hello all,

I am looking to import face masks from China, I have a contact there and he says he can get them sent to me. I want to import them and donate them to Glendfield hospital Leicester, as they seem to be struggling a lot with equipment.

Are there any particular requirements or EU standards needed for NHS hospitals to use?

Please advise, trying to get them in quickly, don't know any doctors to ask.

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
I doubt it will be possible.
NHS procurement has so much red tape when it comes to purchases you may just waste your money.

Basically if it comes from unverified source due to infection control they worn be able to accept it
But please ask the hospital direct ..
13 Comments
Don't know the answer but well done mate
Why not cut out the middle man and contact the hospital direct?
Ffp3 is the rating I believe
They have to be rated and I can’t remember so check on websites. Also ask the hospital before
I doubt it will be possible.
NHS procurement has so much red tape when it comes to purchases you may just waste your money.

Basically if it comes from unverified source due to infection control they worn be able to accept it
But please ask the hospital direct ..
justanothercid25/03/2020 17:06

Why not cut out the middle man and contact the hospital direct?

exactly this - they may also not accept your kind donation if they are unsure of the quality / origin etc.
FFP3 mask which is total leakage may amount to a maximum of 5% and they must filter 99% of all particles measuring up to 0.6 micron.
However, the downside with import from any where in the world is certification of quality (or the real thing). It is very easy to import stuff that is "put" in the bin (and as a result, when receiver is asked to throw away using disposal firms, then the stock may magically appear elsewhere in selling channels).

The fact that you said, "Please advise, trying to get them in quickly, don't know any doctors to ask.," rings alarm bell with me, as on the other side, who is buying the genuine stuff for you?! You do better to approach the local NHS trust or that hospital on how your money could be spent. In a couple of weeks, the mask situation could be very much better.
Edited by: "splender" 25th Mar
Possibly the worst idea I’ve ever heard on here but counteracted by quite possibly the best intentions ive ever heard on here.

Well done for your efforts and thoughts but they wont accept them unless its from a verifiable certificated source and your efforts will be wasted.

Better to volunteer your time or donate funds to help them buy it instead.
I wouldn't bother, they probably won't be able to use them. China seems to have an over supply now, it's easy to get them from most sites, I'm frequently offered them. If we can get them that easily the government probably can as well (with an audit trail).
mtsk25/03/2020 17:19

I doubt it will be possible. NHS procurement has so much red tape when it …I doubt it will be possible. NHS procurement has so much red tape when it comes to purchases you may just waste your money.Basically if it comes from unverified source due to infection control they worn be able to accept it But please ask the hospital direct ..

Won’t be a waste of money if they get listed on eBay:) could help tons of people whilst recouping the investment:)
Hope you don't sneeze on them beforehand
China is benefiting financially from a problem that THEY ALONE created.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants