Face mask without air valves

Posted 31st Aug 2020
Anyone know of anywhere to get a version of the mask linked below without the air valves?

Not having much luck searching but the collective minds of HUKD normally comes up trumps.

The appeal of this mask is its shape/form plus it ties up at the back as opposed to relying on ear loops.

mymemory.co.uk/was…tml
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deleted1163056
Ringfinger31/08/2020 18:36

We've ordered these, they have pocket for filter . Had the valve type, …We've ordered these, they have pocket for filter . Had the valve type, but on trip to hospital they refused to let us in. There argument wad thay the valve lets virus out. I argued that it had a 5 layer filter in front of the valve, so it all the air is filtered - better than the chap there who had his jumper up over his face. Not interested.

the valve exhaust is typically not filtered on FFP masks, hence their concern
10 Comments
We've ordered these, they have pocket for filter . Had the valve type, but on trip to hospital they refused to let us in. There argument wad thay the valve lets virus out. I argued that it had a 5 layer filter in front of the valve, so it all the air is filtered - better than the chap there who had his jumper up over his face. Not interested.
Ear loop problem solved by these .
deleted1163056

We've ordered these, they have pocket for filter . Had the valve type, …We've ordered these, they have pocket for filter . Had the valve type, but on trip to hospital they refused to let us in. There argument wad thay the valve lets virus out. I argued that it had a 5 layer filter in front of the valve, so it all the air is filtered - better than the chap there who had his jumper up over his face. Not interested.

the valve exhaust is typically not filtered on FFP masks, hence their concern

If the situation wasn't so serious I'd be laughing my head off at this.

Where has logic gone these days?

They are two layered not 3 as recommended. Not that anyone seems to be bothered. Anything is better than nothing
Edited by: "wayners" 31st Aug
wayners31/08/2020 19:45

They are two layered not 3 as recommended. Not that anyone seems to be …They are two layered not 3 as recommended. Not that anyone seems to be bothered. Anything is better than nothing

Yes, two layered, I went for expediency PLUS it takes a filter , so 2+5 is ok.
deleted116305631/08/2020 18:56

the valve exhaust is typically not filtered on FFP masks, hence their …the valve exhaust is typically not filtered on FFP masks, hence their concern

I understand their concern, I tried to explain that mine had a 5 stage filter in it. Mind you, nothing surprises me with my hospital - it has the reputation with paramedics and Ambulance staff of being the place to go to die. I had an operation last year and my doctor pulled some strings to get me in an alternative hospital.
deleted1163056
Ringfinger31/08/2020 20:39

I understand their concern, I tried to explain that mine had a 5 stage …I understand their concern, I tried to explain that mine had a 5 stage filter in it. Mind you, nothing surprises me with my hospital - it has the reputation with paramedics and Ambulance staff of being the place to go to die. I had an operation last year and my doctor pulled some strings to get me in an alternative hospital.

which mask of yours has 5 stage filtration on the exhaust valve?
Ringfinger31/08/2020 20:39

I understand their concern, I tried to explain that mine had a 5 stage …I understand their concern, I tried to explain that mine had a 5 stage filter in it. Mind you, nothing surprises me with my hospital - it has the reputation with paramedics and Ambulance staff of being the place to go to die. I had an operation last year and my doctor pulled some strings to get me in an alternative hospital.

A lot of the valves ones, are one way filters. They filter for you the wearer breathing in but filter nothing as you breathe out. There’s no way for them to know if you have one that filters as you breathe out too.
A standard surgical mask filters more on a breath out than a pointless one way valve.
deleted116305631/08/2020 20:43

which mask of yours has 5 stage filtration on the exhaust valve?

Something like this , though not exactly the same (I can't go back far enough on paypal to get the link). It's the fact you put in a filter that gives the valve filtration. The filter has a carbon filter in it, which provides extra filtration ar week add 4 layers and the two on the mask.
Post a comment
@
    Text