Groups

facebook

Need some help please! Started using Facebook to promote my business, does anything i write on there show on my friends lists timeline?
    Like if I've joined a group and comment on a post will everyone I'm friends with see that? Thanks

6 Comments

If your friends have liked your business page, then they will see what you post in it. also when you like or comment on something, it normally shows up in your activity log, you can change what type of activity your friends are allowed to see, for example liking a post.

Original Poster

BamShazam77

If your friends have liked your business page, then they will see what … If your friends have liked your business page, then they will see what you post in it. also when you like or comment on something, it normally shows up in your activity log, you can change what type of activity your friends are allowed to see, for example liking a post.

How do i do that?

depends if the group is a closed/secret group
    if it's one of them only the people on your friends list who have joined the same group will see .
    but if it's a public group anyone can see, you normally get a little icon just above when writing a comment if I has a little grey earth symbol it's a public post if it's 2 grey people it's for friends and if it's like a calendar type icon it's for the group your in.

If its a business page its hit and miss what people see, because you have to pay FB to advertise!

Not everyone will see everything, thats why you have the option to boost posts for money. If people like your posts then it may spread that way but again its restricted, its the whole FB business model

Keep your business separate from your personal life. Create two accounts.

Create a page for the business and post to that page, it might also be suitable to create a group just depends on the line of work you are in. For example a Plumber could attract plenty of leads from a group about plumbing problems.

As for who sees what, that depends on your security permissions and theirs. If they don't follow you they won't see your status posts but could choose to anytime.

Facebook is a pain when using a business or 'like' page. They limit the post visibility so much to ensure you pay to promote the page. You may just have to keep sharing the posts on your personal page to ensure they're seen by all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…57
      2. Quad-core laptop under £470?21
      3. Fitbit HR310
      4. What engine oil do i need for a 2007 Skoda Fabia (Mark 1) 1.9 turbo diesel …67

See more discussions