Facebook account help

Posted 2nd Oct
Hi, I have a gaming fb account as I don’t use it for personal use but yesterday it looks like it was reported as it asked me to verify my identity within 7 days or it will be closed. There was an option to change name so I did that and everything looked sorted.

Today in messenger most of my old messages to people shows as “no longer available because identified as abusive or spam” and friends have told me they can’t message me anymore. It’s looked like it was falsely reported and I know by who but I can’t contact anyone to do anything about it.

Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Can you not contact Facebook about it?
Haircut_10002/10/2019 21:10

Can you not contact Facebook about it?

I spent ages going through so many support pages to find contact information but I can’t find anything
When you say 'it looks like it was reported', how were you notified? In an email? Are you are it was a genuine notification from Faecesebook? Did you follow the link on the notification to change your name? Or did you open up your Fakebook account and change your name there?
If you only use it for gaming why not simply open a new Fakebook account and as you own each game you play change the account details on there?
It wasn't falsely reported. You had a "gaming account" with a fake name which is against their terms.

Chances are you won't get it back, unless you upload your real ID and will then have to use the name on your identity document that you upload.
Firstly its NOT been reported. I like yourself have a gaming account and when i logged in was asked to verify who i was. I have nothing to hide so verified my details and account un-restricted.

the messages will re-appear on the account when it has been verified.
Caroline_199303/10/2019 09:38

Firstly its NOT been reported. I like yourself have a gaming account and …Firstly its NOT been reported. I like yourself have a gaming account and when i logged in was asked to verify who i was. I have nothing to hide so verified my details and account un-restricted. the messages will re-appear on the account when it has been verified.

Well, it could have been reported. I report them all the time and then you get a support inbox notification to say "when we think a profile is fake we ask them to verify their identity" so chances are it was reported.
Ringfinger03/10/2019 08:58

When you say 'it looks like it was reported', how were you notified? In an …When you say 'it looks like it was reported', how were you notified? In an email? Are you are it was a genuine notification from Faecesebook? Did you follow the link on the notification to change your name? Or did you open up your Fakebook account and change your name there?If you only use it for gaming why not simply open a new Fakebook account and as you own each game you play change the account details on there?

It was a notification within fb
sammy12503/10/2019 09:25

It wasn't falsely reported. You had a "gaming account" with a fake name …It wasn't falsely reported. You had a "gaming account" with a fake name which is against their terms.Chances are you won't get it back, unless you upload your real ID and will then have to use the name on your identity document that you upload.

Caroline_199303/10/2019 09:38

Firstly its NOT been reported. I like yourself have a gaming account and …Firstly its NOT been reported. I like yourself have a gaming account and when i logged in was asked to verify who i was. I have nothing to hide so verified my details and account un-restricted. the messages will re-appear on the account when it has been verified.

I had a little spat with someone who accused my acc of being fake then a day later I got this happening.

38596821-vwzpz.jpg
Is there any way to contact them?

38596837-7LtBC.jpg
You have to hit continue then should prompt you to confirm your identity.
sammy12503/10/2019 10:33

You have to hit continue then should prompt you to confirm your identity.

It wants me to upload a clear photo of myself but I’m not uploading anything personal to fb. It’s a gaming account and no false details impersonating anyone else so I don’t know why they have this problem? It could be handled differently if I could get through to customer service somehow but they’re now way to be contacted
YouMuppet03/10/2019 10:39

It wants me to upload a clear photo of myself but I’m not uploading a …It wants me to upload a clear photo of myself but I’m not uploading anything personal to fb. It’s a gaming account and no false details impersonating anyone else so I don’t know why they have this problem? It could be handled differently if I could get through to customer service somehow but they’re now way to be contacted

Then you will lose the account and it will be deleted in 7 days from when they asked you to verify yourself.
sammy12503/10/2019 10:40

Then you will lose the account and it will be deleted in 7 days from when …Then you will lose the account and it will be deleted in 7 days from when they asked you to verify yourself.

It’s a real shame that’s what it’ll go down to a huge company with no customer service if something goes wrong.

My situation isn’t major at all but I’d hate to see what others would have to do for help from them after more serious account issues.
YouMuppet03/10/2019 10:46

It’s a real shame that’s what it’ll go down to a huge company wi …It’s a real shame that’s what it’ll go down to a huge company with no customer service if something goes wrong.My situation isn’t major at all but I’d hate to see what others would have to do for help from them after more serious account issues.

It's free, if you want them to have a big customer service team start paying for the service. You broke the T&C's so I don't think you really have a leg to stand on.
dcx_badass03/10/2019 16:20

It's free, if you want them to have a big customer service team start …It's free, if you want them to have a big customer service team start paying for the service. You broke the T&C's so I don't think you really have a leg to stand on.

Facebook aren’t a small start up company with no funds in the bank to not have a customer service team
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants