Facebook and Amazon will 'absolutely' be in bidding war for Premier League TV rights predicts Ed Woodward

8 Comments
Hopefully that'll mean more competitive prices but sadly I suspect it'll end up with one competition on one platform, one on another and another meaning we'll have to pay more to watch the games we want :(.
Of the two, I hope FaceBook win the bidding.
I don't use FaceBook and I don't what any Amazon Prime price increases in the future
.MUFC.24 m ago

Hopefully that'll mean more competitive prices but sadly I suspect it'll …Hopefully that'll mean more competitive prices but sadly I suspect it'll end up with one competition on one platform, one on another and another meaning we'll have to pay more to watch the games we want :(.

It only suits the Premier League to have competition in the bidding process, not the customers who end up paying for it.

The domestic tv rights bubble will soon burst when the fans are priced out of watching the games.
RossD8913 m ago

It only suits the Premier League to have competition in the bidding …It only suits the Premier League to have competition in the bidding process, not the customers who end up paying for it.The domestic tv rights bubble will soon burst when the fans are priced out of watching the games.

True, The club's have obviously benefitted from the extra money but we certainly haven't.
it was easier and cheaper for fans when sky had a monopoly - you've paid sky for all your footy needs. when BT Sports entered the fray, fans had to pay more.

its only inevitable that online / digital companies start buying the rights - and everyone apart from the clubs and broadcaster will lose out.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell3 h, 20 m ago

Of the two, I hope FaceBook win the bidding.I don't use FaceBook and I …Of the two, I hope FaceBook win the bidding.I don't use FaceBook and I don't what any Amazon Prime price increases in the future

It's like you read my mind. I don't want to pay for football.
agneepath3 h, 35 m ago

it was easier and cheaper for fans when sky had a monopoly - you've paid …it was easier and cheaper for fans when sky had a monopoly - you've paid sky for all your footy needs. when BT Sports entered the fray, fans had to pay more.its only inevitable that online / digital companies start buying the rights - and everyone apart from the clubs and broadcaster will lose out.

The players will also benefit.
Ed Woodward should know, he loves watching football, especially games that end in a draw. He loves an equalizer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants