Facebook Farce

Once again FB proves it cannot be trusted.

BBC

Comments??

24 Comments

untrusted.

They don't seem to have a problem with sexual photos of children, mutilated animals, suicide victims and live videos of torture and killings either.

Sooner people stop feeding facebook/twitter the better... facebook is the worst but the double standards on twitter is just as bad... and tax evading policies will be similar on both

Facebook removal policy is wrong at the highest level once I reported a picture of loads of dead children a suicide picture of a hung girl a picture of animal sexual abuse amongst other things. I always get a message back saying after reviewing the picture it didn't violate our FB policy. Yet a mother feeding a baby dose and is removed every time.

Facebook is an advertisers dream, I cant believe how many people are suckered in to it! Share a photo of your mum or kids and then view it with an advert!

Just give it up, its turning in to a perverts paradise!

Although I agree Facebook needs to up it's game regarding indecent photos and other issues

Having the BBC question Facebook about paedo material just seems wrong on so many levels

philphil61

Having the BBC question Facebook about paedo material just seems wrong on … Having the BBC question Facebook about paedo material just seems wrong on so many levels

PhilPhil it does in a way considering what happened at the BBC. But the alternative suggest going forward it's best they ignore stuff like this and turn a blind eye - which is not good.

Edited by: "androidavis" 7th Mar

Facebook is more trouble than its worth in my opinion. I don't use it anymore but I always found it amazing how much people were prepared to post to give virtual strangers a glimpse into their lives with hundreds of pictures of themselves, kids, GPS tagging info of where they are or have been etc.

Known round our way as 'Fakebook' or 'Faecesbook'.. terrible site.

mrty

Known round our way as 'Fakebook' or 'Faecesbook'.. terrible site.

​yeah streets know how to call it .

philphil61

Having the BBC question Facebook about paedo material just seems wrong on … Having the BBC question Facebook about paedo material just seems wrong on so many levels

freakstyler

Facebook is more trouble than its worth in my opinion. I don't use it … Facebook is more trouble than its worth in my opinion. I don't use it anymore but I always found it amazing how much people were prepared to post to give virtual strangers a glimpse into their lives with hundreds of pictures of themselves, kids, GPS tagging info of where they are or have been etc.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Facebook as such its some of the users that are need help. My feed is pretty scant as I block anything I don't want to see.

I carried out a round of 2nd interviews last year, I was pretty much decided on a candidate, had a quick look on her open facebook, from what I saw there she wasn't getting any job offer. I couldn't personally give a fig about what she did in her private life, but she displayed shocking judgement to put those pics on Facebook.

DKLS

I don't think there is anything wrong with Facebook as such its some of … I don't think there is anything wrong with Facebook as such its some of the users that are need help. My feed is pretty scant as I block anything I don't want to see. I carried out a round of 2nd interviews last year, I was pretty much decided on a candidate, had a quick look on her open facebook, from what I saw there she wasn't getting any job offer. I couldn't personally give a fig about what she did in her private life, but she displayed shocking judgement to put those pics on Facebook.

OMG - what did you see!!!????

7 hours in and no-one's called it Farcebook

RichieB

OMG - what did you see!!!????

Amongst other things that are not appropriate for a wider audience including lots of pics of the candidate snorting huge lines of posh.

It's the Facebook liars that gets me laughing you see a picture of them on Facebook then see them a day later it's like wow what if you go missing? How could we find you if you look like Angelina Jolie on Facebook and a potato in real life.

larrylightweight

It's the Facebook liars that gets me laughing you see a picture of them … It's the Facebook liars that gets me laughing you see a picture of them on Facebook then see them a day later it's like wow what if you go missing? How could we find you if you look like Angelina Jolie on Facebook and a potato in real life.

By putting out a missing persons image of a potato with angelina jolies face stuck on it?

I know, I reported some of them.

DKLS

Amongst other things that are not appropriate for a wider audience … Amongst other things that are not appropriate for a wider audience including lots of pics of the candidate snorting huge lines of posh.

Blimey - what a stupid thing to do, let alone publish on FB!

RichieB

Blimey - what a stupid thing to do, let alone publish on FB!

I was so annoyed, she was a great candidate on paper, and had impressed at the two interviews to the point act I was ready to make her an offer, then she blew it due to a total lack of judgement.

DKLS

I carried out a round of 2nd interviews last year, I was pretty much … I carried out a round of 2nd interviews last year, I was pretty much decided on a candidate, had a quick look on her open facebook, from what I saw there she wasn't getting any job offer. I couldn't personally give a fig about what she did in her private life, but she displayed shocking judgement to put those pics on Facebook.

Be careful who you tell this too..

I know of someone who was sacked for doing this whilst recruiting.
Apparently, not fair, and can lead to some sort of legal challenge??

I call BS, as we always do it here.

DKLS

I was so annoyed, she was a great candidate on paper, and had impressed … I was so annoyed, she was a great candidate on paper, and had impressed at the two interviews to the point act I was ready to make her an offer, then she blew it due to a total lack of judgement.

I guess she blew the the wrong thing, sounds like with guidance she would have corrected her choice.

Original Poster

Chiptivo

Be careful who you tell this too..I know of someone who was sacked for … Be careful who you tell this too..I know of someone who was sacked for doing this whilst recruiting. Apparently, not fair, and can lead to some sort of legal challenge?? I call BS, as we always do it here.

Many companies ask for social media details and WILL check your posts; you are not legally obliged to provide the details, but not doing so obviously makes it look like you are hiding something.

Many also include contract T&Cs making social media posts about your work a reason to fire you if they show the company in a bad light, expose private data, or are just in bad taste.

Chiptivo

Be careful who you tell this too..I know of someone who was sacked for … Be careful who you tell this too..I know of someone who was sacked for doing this whilst recruiting. Apparently, not fair, and can lead to some sort of legal challenge?? I call BS, as we always do it here.

What a shame I didnt take screenshots to show a random on the net :). I always protect myself when hiring and firing, I follow HR policy to the letter including not giving the real candidate feedback.
I also have professional indemnity insurance just in case I encounter a "snot fair" idiot. Although if its anything like the last chap I would welcome it as it was so funny.

Accused by a candidate of being racist as I didn't hire him as he was a muslim, yeah really racist mate, the guy I did hire was a Muslim just without the massive overconfidence and attitude problem of the first chap.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764103
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17396138
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1223
    4. Sad news about Barcelona2186

See more discussions