Facebook! How to highlight a friends name in news feed!

Found 12th May 2010
Hi

Does anybody know how to highlight a friends name when 'talking about' them on facebook? Have seen it done before so the persons name is in bold and I think underlined but I have no ide how to do it and my flatmate wants to know how!!

Rep to anyone that can help!!

12 Comments

@name

put a @ before typing their name, doesnt work on facebook for me when i use opera

Banned

@ then type your friends name and do it again the max is 6

Original Poster

safx41;8592810

@ then type your friends name and do it again the max is 6

She typed [EMAIL="'@'"]'@'[/EMAIL] then friend name without a space with nothing at the end...it didnt work!! Do we need a [EMAIL="'@'"]'@'[/EMAIL] at the end of the name as well?! With or without spaces???

chunky;8592852

She typed [EMAIL="'@'"]'@'[/EMAIL] then friend name without a space with … She typed [EMAIL="'@'"]'@'[/EMAIL] then friend name without a space with nothing at the end...it didnt work!! Do we need a [EMAIL="'@'"]'@'[/EMAIL] at the end of the name as well?! With or without spaces???

no spaces, when you type @ and start typing the friends name a pop up box should appear with all your friends names so that you can select from there instead of typing out the full name

Original Poster

Peterdj41;8592860

no spaces, when you type @ and start typing the friends name a pop up box … no spaces, when you type @ and start typing the friends name a pop up box should appear with all your friends names so that you can select from there instead of typing out the full name

Hmm nothing popping up to selet name? Any ideas why?

chunky;8592876

Hmm nothing popping up to selet name? Any ideas why?

what browser are you using?

Original Poster

Peterdj41;8592884

what browser are you using?

Hmmm again lol..not sure what a browser lol!! T'internets virgin!!

i use firefox & it doesn't work for me :-(

chunky;8592933

whats logo look like?

chunky;8592933

the browser is what you use to view web pages, the ones i know of are

internet explorer logo is an e
firefox logo is a circular flame
opera logo is a red O
safari logo is a compass

but there are others

Original Poster

Peterdj41;8593004

the browser is what you use to view web pages, the ones i know of … the browser is what you use to view web pages, the ones i know of areinternet explorer logo is an efirefox logo is a circular flameopera logo is a red Osafari logo is a compassbut there are others

ahhhh...it's an e on a paper page!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769551
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247659
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA22133
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…22

See more discussions