Groups

Facebook HUKD Glitch Posts Yay? or Nay?

As above we get some good glitches in our community which help allot of members such as the Woolworth's and Argos toy mis prices before christmas

The ones i don't like for example Wrappz where as soon as its posted on facebook the site has so much traffic nobody can order anything.

What's your opinions on this? Do you follow HUKD on facebook?

Personally i would like to see a time limit such as 45 minutes before the HUKD admin team can post our deals on Facebook for ONLINE ONLY glitches / miss-prices.

After all we (the users) built this community and find the deals the active users should get a chance to order.

All opinions welcome!

9 Comments

There are also other sites on FB who repost the best HDUK deals quickly after they are posted.

Deals are for everyone what ever their source. Such an attitude is selfish. Sorry! If someone finds a glitch & posts it they are already being generous knowing their action may result in them not getting a misprice.

Original Poster

IamMT

Deals are for everyone what ever their source. Such an attitude is … Deals are for everyone what ever their source. Such an attitude is selfish. Sorry! If someone finds a glitch & posts it they are already being generous knowing their action may result in them not getting a misprice.

Whats selfish about wanting our community to have chance to order before non HUKD members storm the websites? I understand what your saying but HUKD do not post these deals on Facebook out of the goodness of there hearts. They use referral links and want as much traffic as possible that's why they do it.

If i find a deal i post it on Hot UK Deals that's what this community is about, sharing deals. Sometimes we get rewards such as yesterdays Halfords deal which is a bonus of being part of this community. Personally i think the OP has the right to exclude his deal from being used by HUKD on social media. That's just my opinion

In December there was a glitch at boots which never made its way on here, The OP requested nobody post it on HUKD until after he received his order. Since it wasn't posted i guess everyone who was onboard respected his wishes. And we all received our Calvin Klein sets 2 days later. by this time the error had been fixed. I do not think the OP was selfish he shared the deal after all.

HUKD has over 600,000 members on facebook. So once a deal goes on there the amount of traffic that website receives is a large increase especially with errors/miss prices.

I honestly don't think having a 45 minute window for active HUKD members is a bad thing

I Appreciate your feedback tho i want honest opinions

I don't agree with taking advantage of obvious glitches, like the Halfords £600 tool box for free or the 1p Amazon orders as I think it's business-ending stuff and people buy anything they can get their hands on just to have bragging rights. I suppose HUKD admin want the clickthrough money so don't care what a minority of registered users want because the FB masses make them more money. MSE probably do the same (I don't use that site, don't know for sure). I think it will be a case of like it or lump it.

AStonedRaichu

[I Appreciate your feedback tho i want honest opinions

You're welcome !

Original Poster

tregs

http://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/when-will-admin-learn-2105734

Cheers did not see this will jump on that instead

I think its a great idea - but why don't we also ask peeps to stop buying so many items on each glitch - that they do not really want. Like the T-Shirt glitch where someone bought 60 t-shirts

Original Poster

DalekFan69

I think its a great idea - but why don't we also ask peeps to stop buying … I think its a great idea - but why don't we also ask peeps to stop buying so many items on each glitch - that they do not really want. Like the T-Shirt glitch where someone bought 60 t-shirts

We cannot control peoples greed unfortunately i believe the member your referring to got his order cancelled too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917

See more discussions