Expired

Facebook not full screen - landscape mode - android app - any ideas?

Found 16th Apr 2015
Missus has bu&&ered up a setting somewhere and now is moaning her Facebook is not fullscreen using Andoid app on samsung galaxy Tab3 8.0

I have tried uninstalling the app and re-installing and it is OK for a while then goes to kind of split screen - see pic in next post.

Anyone seen this before and know the fix - she is driving me mad

Looked on Google but can't see anything about this and Missus swears she has not clicked random buttons / changed any settings - but that is a real possibility !!!

thanks

EliTom
Community Updates
17 Comments
this is how it looks now

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj99/elitom/Screenshot_2015-04-16-19-34-13_zpsrcst9dcl.png

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 16th Apr 2015
Have you tried logging out and logging in again?
Many times and it makes no differenc

EliTom
think it may have updated... same on my Acer tab and not done anything to the settings. Stupid app gets worse all the time!
have you tried clearing the cache?
Settings...disable landscape mode
FionaP

Settings...disable landscape mode

looked for this ...

is this a setting in the Facebook app or a general setting?

if general do you just mean disable screen rotate?

thanks

EliTom
Hold the CTRL button down whilst using the scroll button on your mouse to enlarge / shrink
rtmlk

Hold the CTRL button down whilst using the scroll button on your mouse to … Hold the CTRL button down whilst using the scroll button on your mouse to enlarge / shrink

this is on an Android tablet !

Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8.0 to be precise

EliTom
I've also been searching for this fix! Some pics and videos have to be turned to portrait mode to see the full picture. What a pain. I hope you/we get an answer.
Also looking for an answer. A few days ago facebook told me I would enjoy portrait and would I like to try it. Well I said yes but don't like it. Cannot find the landscape or portrait setting anywhere. If anyone knows the answer and could post the steps, that would be awesome.
Plzzz solve my problem..
Just clear app data( from Settings - General - Applicatiins manager and scroll for Facebook then push "Clear data"). Don't push "Clear cache" - this not help. After douing this, you should login again on. Hope will help you!
Clearing the app data worked for me. Thank you cipbob!
I have the latest Facebook app (58.0.0.28.70) on Android for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S, and clearing the data didn't work anymore. When we speak about parameters for Facebook Android App, it had always be a scrap and it still be. Anyone as an answer or a tip to correct the landscape mode bug ? Thanks !
I have the latest Facebook app (58.0.0.28.70) on Android for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S, and clearing the data didn't work anymore. When we speak about parameters for Facebook Android App, it had always be a scrap and it still be. Anyone as an answer or a tip to correct the landscape mode bug ? Thanks !
This is making me hate facebook. I have been clearing my cache for weeks. Annoying but it worked. Now nothing works. It makes the news feed so small, plus you can't scroll from the right edge of the tablet. Anyone figure a solution or are we at the mercy of facebook?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants