Facebook tracking

Posted 29th Nov
So I signed up to a new energy deal tonight on my phone in work , it was a black Friday offer , I sent a screen shot of the offer to the wife ect and some details in a what’s app

One hour later it popped up on her Facebook feed ! How is this even possible ?
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
WhatsApp & Instagram are both subsidiaries of Facebook Inc.

I do not have accounts with any of these sites for this very reason.
Really i didn’t know that so they can drop on are what’s app then target us with ads
Edited by: "ashmac" 29th Nov
Profiled advertising.
Tbh no idiot would ever click on any link or like anything on Facebook would they.
fanpages29/11/2019 23:41

WhatsApp & Instagram are both subsidiaries of Facebook Inc.I do not have …WhatsApp & Instagram are both subsidiaries of Facebook Inc.I do not have accounts with any of these sites for this very reason.

ashmac29/11/2019 23:44

Really i didn’t know that so they can drop on are what’s all then target us …Really i didn’t know that so they can drop on are what’s all then target us with ads

Of course.

Do you have a Google (mail or Google+) account?
Are you logged-in to this when searching online?
If so, then you will see correlations between searching & advertisements for content related to your searches on sites too.

If you are an Amazon user (or use one of the sites they own) then you see similar connections here as well.
Yes I’m always logged into my google account, but I’m at work and my wife had another gmail account and used safari not google
Edited by: "ashmac" 29th Nov
ashmac29/11/2019 23:55

Yes I’m always logged into my google account, but I’m at work and my wife h …Yes I’m always logged into my google account, but I’m at work and my wife had another gmail account and used safari not google

I'm not suggesting your (or your wife's) Google account(s) was (were) at play here; just that this is also the case.

The browser you are using makes no difference as long as you are logged-in to your account(s) within that environment.

PS. Are you an Amazon Echo (or similar device) owner too?

[ hotukdeals.com/com…704 ]
fanpages30/11/2019 00:03

I'm not suggesting your (or your wife's) Google account(s) was (were) at …I'm not suggesting your (or your wife's) Google account(s) was (were) at play here; just that this is also the case.The browser you are using makes no difference as long as you are logged-in to your account(s) within that environment.PS. Are you an Amazon Echo (or similar device) owner too? [ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38945704 ]

Yep have one in every room
fanpages30/11/2019 00:03

PS. Are you an Amazon Echo (or similar device) owner too? [ …PS. Are you an Amazon Echo (or similar device) owner too? [ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38945704 ]

ashmac30/11/2019 00:08

Yep have one in every room

Worried yet?
Its google adsense or similar.

If I look at something on Amazon on my pc, it is advertised to me on facebook/ news apps e.t.c on my phone. If you have ever used that facebook account on the same network you checked the deal on then they know who you are.
Alexa's and Google's are stalking your every move.
If you look on your privacy settings you can turn it all off, but your phone will have a major sulk and constantly pester you to turn it back on.
come back window phones all is forgiven.
MonkeysUncle30/11/2019 00:29

If you look on your privacy settings you can turn it all off, but your …If you look on your privacy settings you can turn it all off, but your phone will have a major sulk and constantly pester you to turn it back on.

Also check them all again if you ever update the Android operating system as sometimes they "magically" reset again to settings you did not choose.

It's a good game seeing how long the location services stay disabled (if that is your preference).
Customized advertising, you can tun this off via fb and Google etc. They store some cookies which they read so you see advertising that is relevent to you. Some devices activate via trigger words like apples next thing you know asda have a advert on a webpage about apples this is to increase the profit of these companies saying its a great ad platform. It can work to our benefit but its still creepy.
I put needing to go for pack of screws in a text message then started seeing amazon adverts for screws
nut1430/11/2019 01:32

I put needing to go for pack of screws in a text message then started …I put needing to go for pack of screws in a text message then started seeing amazon adverts for screws

Do Amazon actually sell those sort of personal services?
Big brother everywhere
The elephant in the room, here, is why would she remain married to somebody who uses "ect"?
I'm pretty sure that we were all already thinking it.
Edited by: "Make.Amazon.Great.Again" 30th Nov
If you read the GDPR notices that many websites make you tick, you will see that a lot of them are using 200+ advertising cookies. The companies behind these have a massive reach and so it's fairly easy for them to follow you around.

People often think that their personal data is not worth bothering about, but soon these companies will be able to predict what you are doing, and the price of whatever will have already gone up, when you get to the website.
I report every single sponsored post on facebook as offensive, after a day or two(report about 25) you stop seeing any sponsored posts for a few months.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions