FaceTime/zoom - am I being miserable?

Posted 11th Apr
Am I really the only person who’s just not interested and would prefer a quick chat/message?

Please tell me I’m not alone 🙈
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
People who haven't bothered to stay in touch are now pestering me to join video calls. I have a standard response - I will not waste my time just because you are bored.
40384297-6GKxH.jpg40384297-IsSki.jpg40384297-wWBnt.jpg40384297-2Pq1K.jpg40384297-LxUZh.jpg40384297-eqaCi.jpgyou're not alone
ChelseaRae11/04/2020 19:50

You’re not alone I barely liked phone calls before this, I d …You’re not alone I barely liked phone calls before this, I definitely don’t like them now! In fact I’m speaking to people less regularly as there’s only so much you can talk about. The only person I’m making an effort to talk to more regularly is my Grandma, and that’s only because she’s in her 70’s and I’m most concerned for her than anyone else.

Really? We can’t shut you up on here
28 Comments
40384297-6GKxH.jpg40384297-IsSki.jpg40384297-wWBnt.jpg40384297-2Pq1K.jpg40384297-LxUZh.jpg40384297-eqaCi.jpgyou're not alone
You’re not alone I barely liked phone calls before this, I definitely don’t like them now! In fact I’m speaking to people less regularly as there’s only so much you can talk about. The only person I’m making an effort to talk to more regularly is my Grandma, and that’s only because she’s in her 70’s and I’m most concerned for her than anyone else.
MadeDixonsCry11/04/2020 19:50

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] you're not alone

These are me all over, bravo
Edited by: "ChelseaRae" 11th Apr

This really made me laugh. Thank you. Have been feeling a bit bad for deliberately missing the calls
Annabelle240611/04/2020 19:52

This really made me laugh. Thank you. Have been feeling a bit bad for …This really made me laugh. Thank you. Have been feeling a bit bad for deliberately missing the calls

Oh they'll live. If they really cared they'd leave a voicemail, which you can listen to and text back at your leisure just to let them know you're alive and thank them for checking up on you.

You’re not alone I barely liked phone calls before this, I d …You’re not alone I barely liked phone calls before this, I definitely don’t like them now! In fact I’m speaking to people less regularly as there’s only so much you can talk about. The only person I’m making an effort to talk to more regularly is my Grandma, and that’s only because she’s in her 70’s and I’m most concerned for her than anyone else.

Yes totally agree, I’m talking to my grandma most days to check in on her too it’s very isolating for them. But as for everyone else, I have done nothing all day of any interest, so have nothing to say quite honestly
MadeDixonsCry11/04/2020 19:54

Oh they'll live. If they really cared they'd leave a voicemail, which you …Oh they'll live. If they really cared they'd leave a voicemail, which you can listen to and text back at your leisure just to let them know you're alive and thank them for checking up on you.

MadeDixonsCry11/04/2020 19:54

Oh they'll live. If they really cared they'd leave a voicemail, which you …Oh they'll live. If they really cared they'd leave a voicemail, which you can listen to and text back at your leisure just to let them know you're alive and thank them for checking up on you.

My grandma always say this! “If it’s really important they’ll leave a voicemail or call back”... my dad calls me 8 times in a row until I pick up sometimes and eventually I pick up thinking “well it must be important”... let me tell you... it’s NEVER important
People who haven't bothered to stay in touch are now pestering me to join video calls. I have a standard response - I will not waste my time just because you are bored.
ChelseaRae11/04/2020 20:01

My grandma always say this! “If it’s really important they’ll leave a voice …My grandma always say this! “If it’s really important they’ll leave a voicemail or call back”... my dad calls me 8 times in a row until I pick up sometimes and eventually I pick up thinking “well it must be important”... let me tell you... it’s NEVER important

Very dangerous habit. One day he will have something important but his call won't be answered. Just like The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
I'm not a huge video\voice kinda person but we called friends last week and played cards for a few hours and honestly it was great to see and talk to others.

Is all too easy to sit in your own little bubble and ignore the world but sometimes just pushing yourself can pay dividends.

I will say though that also sitting in the lounge in your pants without fear of someone calling or turning up at the door is pretty amazing!
MadeDixonsCry11/04/2020 20:02

Very dangerous habit. One day he will have something important but his …Very dangerous habit. One day he will have something important but his call won't be answered. Just like The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Precisely! But I don’t think I’d forgive myself for not picking up even though it makes my blood boil when he blows up my phone then when I answer casually starts talking to me about some irrelevant mumbo jumbo as though he hasn’t just practically harassed me when I blatantly wasn’t in the mood for a conversation
bozo00711/04/2020 20:02

People who haven't bothered to stay in touch are now pestering me to join …People who haven't bothered to stay in touch are now pestering me to join video calls. I have a standard response - I will not waste my time just because you are bored.

I do feel. But like that too.
Edited by: "Annabelle2406" 11th Apr
darlodge11/04/2020 20:04

I'm not a huge video\voice kinda person but we called friends last week …I'm not a huge video\voice kinda person but we called friends last week and played cards for a few hours and honestly it was great to see and talk to others.Is all too easy to sit in your own little bubble and ignore the world but sometimes just pushing yourself can pay dividends.I will say though that also sitting in the lounge in your pants without fear of someone calling or turning up at the door is pretty amazing!

Yeah I do see what you mean. I just find it awkward looking at people through my phone and I struggle to get past that.
darlodge11/04/2020 20:04

I will say though that also sitting in the lounge in your pants without …I will say though that also sitting in the lounge in your pants without fear of someone calling or turning up at the door is pretty amazing!

this!
I also wear headphones a lot, so it helps that I don't have to worry about listening for the door.

Haha the baby one had me laughing even though I've seen it already
I hate being on FaceTime too, my parents call me on it mainly to see their grandkids but when I answer I just show them the ceiling until I pass it on and then say ring me back normally to have a chat!
Quick chat or txt no video chat nonsense
I hate chatting on the phone but can text all day and and night
I only FaceTime the kids I’d never accept video call off an adult
I hate faceache time. Thankfully no one calls me on it, but my wife and daughter are using it loads at the moment. It was bad enough when I had to put up with people doing it on my commute home from work on the train
i only like talking over video link if the person at the other end happens to be in another country, else there doesn't seem to be any point to me.

JumpMan198011/04/2020 22:01

Lmao, luckily there’s a mute button if you’re sick of me, nobody gets that in real life
Edited by: "ChelseaRae" 11th Apr
texts only, I’m busy

playing PlayStation
Mendoza11/04/2020 23:32

texts only, I’m busyplaying PlayStation

Texting back with one finger at a time. 'p la y in ps 4'. Then you get a text back 'pause it'. When you are playing online.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions