Facial skincare products - what do you use?

8 replies
Found 4th Jan 2009
I've run out of skincare products so thought I'd see if anyone has any recommendations for a good cleanser, toner and moisturiser? I get quite dry patches on my forehead and nose in the winter and have quite enlarged pores on my cheeks so need something that will help with this a bit - just normal day to day skincare products though.

Any suggestions?

1. Misc
  2. Skincare
8 Comments

I have been using Avene products for over a year, my skin looks so much better plus am also taking a zinc supplement Zinc_ACE

I never use soap on my face, because it causes dry skin. I wash and shave using a tub of lard-like stuff I get from Home Bargain.

I use simple derma as have dry skin and this is the only product i have found at a good price that works, reccomened it to mil and got daughter some and they love it to.

I use Anne French cleansing milk and have done for years, for moisturising I use vaseline dermacare. I never use soap on my face

I use Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, I sometimes use her toner, and always use Liz Earle moisturiser.

ps make sure you get a facial moisturiser with a SPF

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies so far.

Think the Avene and Liz Earle might be a bit out of my price range at the moment (ah the joys of post Crimbo skintness!)
The Simple range have a pack including all three products I need in Superdrug at the mo for £5.00 which is a bargain so might give that a go.
Never heard of Anne French before so I had to Google it - its got some fantastic reviews online so may have to try that too esp as it's only £2.50.

Thanks peeps!

I use Gatineau which is expensive for a small amount but a lttle goes a long long way! QVC sell it but its worth looking at ebay cus you can get it loads cheaper there. I have used Liz Earle cleanse and polish in the past but its not good on me despite being for very sensitive skin (which I have!). As in previous posts I NEVER use soap on my face or upper body and always try to make sure I dont get shampoo or conditioner on my face or else I get big burn marks which aint very attractive.
Even though you are broke at the mo-try to save up for a quality product cus it does pay for itself in the long run.
Hope you get it sorted soon cus painful dry skin is no joke- especially in this weather!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769493
    2. Any PS4 News Here29313895
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2658
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604815

See more discussions