Groups

factory settings- how to

For the life of me, i cannot find how to restore a dell 1737 studio laptop!

I really need this back to factory settings- no restore points are good enough.

Any help please! : (

Its running on vista

Thank you

26 Comments

Banned

Ctrl + F11 on startup when the blue band appears across the top of the screen

Original Poster

I have about 5 cds that came with it, how do i use them?

Original Poster

lumoruk;6355685

Ctrl + F11 on startup when the blue band appears across the top of the … Ctrl + F11 on startup when the blue band appears across the top of the screen

then what?

Original Poster

snarff;6355891

here,s the … here,s the infohttp://itfixed.blogspot.com/2009/06/restore-dell-studio-1737-laptop-to.html

Thank you!!! xxx

Original Poster

when i go to press repair my computer and then enter, it takes me through to a normal load up :-/

is this the one u want to sell?

getting rid of photos:thumbsup::thumbsup::whistling::p

Original Poster

jasonrat;6356203

is this the one u want to sell?getting rid of … is this the one u want to sell?getting rid of photos:thumbsup::thumbsup::whistling::p

Yes and yes lol:thumbsup:

so i assume u want to wipe you hard drive
    will return to factory settings do that?

if uve still got start up and windows discs i would use this

killdisk.com/

Banned

jasonrat;6356322

so i assume u want to wipe you hard drivewill return to factory settings … so i assume u want to wipe you hard drivewill return to factory settings do that?

no, would take about 5-7 deep formats to clear the drive. Dell restore will just be a quick format and make it extremely easy to recover her naked photos

lumoruk;6356431

no, would take about 5-7 deep formats to clear the drive. Dell restore … no, would take about 5-7 deep formats to clear the drive. Dell restore will just be a quick format and make it extremely easy to recover her naked photos

damn u told her:p:p

Banned

jasonrat;6356450

let the highest bidder win :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jasonrat;6356450

naked photos. . .?

well i dunno what to do, i try to do a restore, and press repair my computer and it boots up normally!

Banned

*katie*;6356464

naked photos. . .?well i dunno what to do, i try to do a restore, and … naked photos. . .?well i dunno what to do, i try to do a restore, and press repair my computer and it boots up normally!

you tried snarff's 2nd link?

support.euro.dell.com/sup…htm

Original Poster

lumoruk;6356461

let the highest bidder win :thumbsup:

pfffttt :whistling:

Original Poster

lumoruk;6356502

you tried snarff's … you tried snarff's link?http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xlob/dtg/en/software.htm#wp1109809

Yep, and like it says i try the repair your computer button and press enter and it boots normally without the next screen coming up!

Banned

*katie*;6356520

Yep, and like it says i try the repair your computer button and press … Yep, and like it says i try the repair your computer button and press enter and it boots normally without the next screen coming up!

how about I just pop across the border and sort it for you :thumbsup: :?

try putting in each of the restore disks and booting up, the one labelled disc 1 might be your best bet

Original Poster

lumoruk;6356541

how about I just pop across the border and sort it for you :thumbsup: :?

ok :whistling:

if u want to sell your laptop i would do more than a system restore

Banned

*katie*;6356561

ok :whistling:

taken to pm :w00t:

Original Poster

jasonrat;6356580

if u want to sell your laptop i would do more than a system restore

why? nothing is wrong with it, and i want a factory setting restore

Banned

*katie*;6356614

why? nothing is wrong with it, and i want a factory setting restore

If you don't format it properly and enough times the buyer could recover your photos, documents and passwords well everything

I was bored and did it to a hard drive I bought off here lots of er interesting stuff on it...a member on here is into S&M btw

Original Poster

lumoruk;6356666

If you don't format it properly and enough times the buyer could recover … If you don't format it properly and enough times the buyer could recover your photos, documents and passwords well everything

o great, well most is off, but i want to do a factory restore! It just won't blimmin work! :x

Banned

*katie*;6356675

o great, well most is off, but i want to do a factory restore! It just … o great, well most is off, but i want to do a factory restore! It just won't blimmin work! :x

Deleting it just makes marks it as hidden and makes the space available for the operating system to use.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764542
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230714
      3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963013
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523448

See more discussions