Groups

Fade,li self destructing mail

If you want to keep your email conversations “off the record”, you might want to consider sending an email that fades away as soon as it’s opened. You can do this by using a simple browser extension like “Fade.li” for Chrome.

You don't even need the browser extension to use the service.

Just add add .fade.li at the end of a mail and it works.

I'd not heard of such a service, although it seems that there are a few more out there but others might not be aware.

I originally found about it from dotTech, so kudos has to go to them.

dottech.org/160…ew/

The only limitations seems to be that you are restricted to 50 mails a day, which makes sense.

fade.li/

7 Comments

X) It works!
    They don't "fade" away, they just vanish in chunks...wierd!
    No Idea what earthly use this will be, especially since if you close and re-open the message it happens all over again!!
    Totally daft!
    but I like it

My test one to myself must have faded on the way. It sent but never arrived.

deeky

My test one to myself must have faded on the way. It sent but never … My test one to myself must have faded on the way. It sent but never arrived.

Just had to re-boot and now find that the message is just blank, not sure if that was the original intent.
    No matter, it is pointless anyway!
    Edited by: "willysnapper" 11th Jul 2014

willysnapper

X) It works!They don't "fade" away, they just vanish in chunks...wierd!No … X) It works!They don't "fade" away, they just vanish in chunks...wierd!No Idea what earthly use this will be, especially since if you close and re-open the message it happens all over again!!Totally daft! but I like it

another google gimmick no doubt

Just wait for the browser extension which prevents any emails from fading away.

And then one that can fade away even with prevention.

And then one that can prevent that too, but you need to install a yahoo toolbar.

And then...

delusion

Just wait for the browser extension which prevents any emails from fading … Just wait for the browser extension which prevents any emails from fading away.And then one that can fade away even with prevention.And then one that can prevent that too, but you need to install a yahoo toolbar.And then...

.... a meteor hits your office rendering all life dead within 1000 miles of the strikezone...

Google Meteor® the ultimate fade and eradication tool.

^^ I'm alright. I've got Norton AntiMeteorSheild©
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.33
      2. Biscuit addiction2057
      3. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)45
      4. Xbox One S or Xbox One X810

See more discussions