Failed PIP assessment

Banned 12
Found 22nd Feb 2015
my mum applied for PIP last year and had the fave to face assessment at the end of January. She got her result yesterday in writing. .. 0 points and failed the criteria.
She has servere Crohns disease, Colitis, IBS and very bad anxiety.
she's struggling to hold her job because of her illness, she has 4 hours travelling time per day by public transport and that's if it's on time. 1 train and 1 bus. her income just covers her bills so she has very little disposable income. She uses her own holidays as rest days when she is suffering bad because her employer are ignorant to their staff and staff needs...
her income is £17000 a year so slightly above the threshold for any benefit help...
her house is falling to bits in and out as she can't afford the up keep...
I don't know what to do or what to say or how I can help her anymore. ..
her motivation has gone because of her situation...
Any help or advice please..
Thank you.
hope you all have a pleasant nights sleep.
x

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
Original Poster Banned
I forgot to mention that the original application for PIP was helped with by a solicitor who will do a free appeal. but the next stage is for my mum to ask the PIP company to review their decision. .. but how does she do this ?
C&C UK will help, clicky
The unfortunate reality is that until she has actually left work due to her illnesses, she is unlikely to get anywhere.
Original Poster Banned
GrantG182

C&C UK will help, clicky

I have forwarded the link. thankyou very much
Original Poster Banned
Goodnight all x
So sorry to hear that. I do tend to agree with mermoo: ridiculous situation, I so hope she gets justice in the appeal. Fingers crossed.
have you tried advice from crohns and colitis uk? I've got ulcerative colitis had it since I was 13 so I can understand how debilitating it can be. It's literally a s****y illness
GrantG182

C&C UK will help, clicky

duh just realised you linked to them lol
Original Poster Banned
PD101

So sorry to hear that. I do tend to agree with mermoo: ridiculous … So sorry to hear that. I do tend to agree with mermoo: ridiculous situation, I so hope she gets justice in the appeal. Fingers crossed.

Thanku for your support
Original Poster Banned
adhkarzf

have you tried advice from crohns and colitis uk? I've got ulcerative … have you tried advice from crohns and colitis uk? I've got ulcerative colitis had it since I was 13 so I can understand how debilitating it can be. It's literally a s****y illness

no not yet. I'll contact them today. I'm sorry to hear that you suffer too
I think the problem is taking her holidays for sickness. If her sickness record is good with her employer (as she takes it as holiday) and she is not getting sickness notes from her doctor then they won’t believe that her condition is as bad as it is. She needs to stop using holidays to cover her illness. The best thing to do is go back to the solicitor as you get a free appeal and they will know more than any "expert" on here.
Original Poster Banned
Panixs

I think the problem is taking her holidays for sickness. If her sickness … I think the problem is taking her holidays for sickness. If her sickness record is good with her employer (as she takes it as holiday) and she is not getting sickness notes from her doctor then they won’t believe that her condition is as bad as it is. She needs to stop using holidays to cover her illness. The best thing to do is go back to the solicitor as you get a free appeal and they will know more than any "expert" on here.

I'll pass your advice on thanks. her employer are not bothered about laws... they're solicitors themselves. If your sickness record is bad then they get rid of you... If they moan or ask for anything they push you out slowly... she's tried speaking to HR but they are just useless and are don't give 2 hoots. If she loses her job she's in a worse mess than what she's currently in..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions