Fainting Goats.

Found 8th Apr 2012
I've never ever heard or saw this until now.
If anyone is bored this will keep you entertained for a few minutes.

Anyone ever tried it?

Links, etc below.
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
Mythbusters Video.

Different Video.

Haha.

A fainting goat is a breed of domestic goat whose muscles freeze for roughly 10 seconds when the goat is startled. Though painless, this generally results in the animal collapsing on its side. The characteristic is caused by a hereditary genetic disorder called myotonia congenita. When startled, younger goats will stiffen and fall over. Older goats learn to spread their legs or lean against something when startled, and often they continue to run about in an awkward, stiff-legged shuffle.

Characteristics
Slightly smaller than standard breeds of the goat, fainting goats are generally 43 to 64 cm (17 to 25 in) tall and can weigh anywhere from 27 to 79 kg (60 to 170 lb). Males, or bucks, as they are often referred to can be as heavy as 200 pounds. They have large, prominent eyes in high sockets. Their hair can be short or long, with certain individuals producing a great deal of cashmere during colder months. There appears to be no angora strain of the fainting goat. Common coat colors are black and white; however, most possible coat colors are found in this breed.

Fainting goats have many other names, including Myotonic Goats, Tennessee (Meat) Goats, Nervous Goats, Stiff-leg Goats, Wooden-leg Goats, and Tennessee Fainting Goats. They are smaller and somewhat easier to care for and maintain than larger meat goat breeds, which makes the fainting goat desirable for smaller farms. They are also raised as pet or show animals as they can be friendly, intelligent, easy to keep, and amusing. The "Fainting Goat" myth was tested on the U.S. television show Mythbusters.

Edited by: "dylanjb100" 8th Apr 2012
whatsThePoint

bored waiting

Haha, i only took about a minute.
It official. In the past two weeks misc has dug itself into a grave that it going to take some serious work to dig out. Time for some PAWG's
dcx_badass

Pffff noobs.http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/scared-goats-sheep-71058

5 years ago? I'm fine in uploading it again.
Didn't realise there was a thread on it though :P
the_mongoose_man

It official. In the past two weeks misc has dug itself into a grave that … It official. In the past two weeks misc has dug itself into a grave that it going to take some serious work to dig out. Time for some PAWG's

Don't like it feel free to leave
What's PAWG? Only definition i've found is Phat Ass White Girl
dylanjb100

Don't like it feel free to leave :)What's PAWG? Only definition i've … Don't like it feel free to leave :)What's PAWG? Only definition i've found is Phat Ass White Girl

And you would be correct :P
the_mongoose_man

And you would be correct :P

Haha fair doos.
So what contents should be on Misc?
Seems that a few things put misc into the ground.
Thought misc was for anything
dylanjb100

Haha fair doos.So what contents should be on Misc?Seems that a few things … Haha fair doos.So what contents should be on Misc?Seems that a few things put misc into the ground.Thought misc was for anything

Rule #2 of misc, we do not talk about what misc is for
the_mongoose_man

Rule #2 of misc, we do not talk about what misc is for

So what is #1? never heard of these rules ;P
dylanjb100

So what is #1? never heard of these rules ;P

Rule #1 is we don't talk about misc. I've just broke the rules
the_mongoose_man

You fail :P

Edited by: "dylanjb100" 8th Apr 2012
dylanjb100

You fail :P

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/pwnuspoints/walkaway.gif
awww poor things

have to say it didn't entertain me, made me feel quite sad
Edited by: "sassie" 8th Apr 2012
whatsThePoint

bored waiting

Use the reserved to post updated kitty pics. How are they doing?

Seen the goats thing before. Wierd.
sassie

awww poor thingshave to say it didn't entertain me, made me feel quite sad

Yea, it's quite shan on the goats.
WoolyM

Use the reserved to post updated kitty pics. How are they doing?Seen the … Use the reserved to post updated kitty pics. How are they doing?Seen the goats thing before. Wierd.

That's the 1st time i've ever seen it :P
alanlukeb1

the kitten one is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CC_9aFuEkA

'sadly they both died from this condition in October 2010'

Aww poor kittens
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants