Groups

fair cake

how do i make fairy cakes please

33 Comments

Just buy a box of fairy cake mix from the shop?

Original Poster

Then what?

Read the back of the box

Invent Google
    Search Google
    Follow instructions
    Eat cakes

*hint* one of those has already been done

birdyboyuk

Read the back of the box

^^this X)

Original Poster

yeah fair enough but i want proper simple ones nothing in them or on them all the ones on google are complicated

I am here to help you I am an expert at cake making and would be happy to share my tips and expertise with you too.

Do you HAVE to make them, they have plain no frills ones in asds/morrisons/tesco etc for about 47p for 12?

Edbug

yeah fair enough but i want proper simple ones nothing in them or on them … yeah fair enough but i want proper simple ones nothing in them or on them all the ones on google are complicated

If you think making fairy cakes (or is it fair cake?) is complicated then you're probably better of buying them.

Original Poster

bossyboots

I am here to help you I am an expert at cake making and would be happy … I am here to help you I am an expert at cake making and would be happy to share my tips and expertise with you too.

sweet like tropicana.. nice and simple, im taking my laptop to kitchen right this second lets go!!

Original Poster

nikkib123

Do you HAVE to make them, they have plain no frills ones in … Do you HAVE to make them, they have plain no frills ones in asds/morrisons/tesco etc for about 47p for 12?

geez, i wanna make some cakes for my girl

Edbug

yeah fair enough but i want proper simple ones nothing in them or on them … yeah fair enough but i want proper simple ones nothing in them or on them all the ones on google are complicated

follow the recipe but dont put a topping on......simple

p.s OP if anyone shows you a picture of a pink gooey disasterous looking cake and says I baked it - they are lying and please report them to the on duty moderator to be infracted.

bossyboots

I am here to help you I am an expert at cake making and would be happy … I am here to help you I am an expert at cake making and would be happy to share my tips and expertise with you too.

X) lol you've set yourself up now BB!

Edbug

geez, i wanna make some cakes for my girl

Awww sweet, I am crap at cooking so can't help you though soz, good luck

As said above - why not buy the plain ones and decorate them yourself? Plain icing sugar and water with a bit of colouring. You can stick sweets on or get the writing icing gel and make patterns?

kaks26

X) lol you've set yourself up now BB!

i know X) I nearly died when he/she said they are taking the laptop into kitchen and "lets go" feel rotten now! Thank god your in - you can help them!

Original Poster

im doing my beans on toast right now

one I made earlier.....nice and simple

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/bitseylango/joescake001.jpg

bossyboots

i know X) I nearly died when he/she said they are taking the laptop into … i know X) I nearly died when he/she said they are taking the laptop into kitchen and "lets go" feel rotten now! Thank god your in - you can help them!

oO oh god no I'm just passing through - it could be a long night reading through what's been said above and I have no patience lol.

hang on one sec.... will get my recipe makes 12 fairy cakes

lol @ this thread.
    Thought it was going to be about some special local cake!!

OP - You need to get the cases first, so do that and get all the ingredients from a recipe ^^^, then follow the instructions.

TBH it's pretty much the way to do anything - get the stuff, follow the instructions.

4 1/2 oz softened butter
    4 1/2 oz caster sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    4 1/2 oz self raising flour
    2 tsp milk

chuck it all in and mix it up, bang it into 12 cake cases and stick it in the oven on gas mark 5 for 12-15 mins

make icing with icing sugar and water or buttercream with 4 oz butter and 4 oz of icing sugar... vary these amount according to taste

da da

Edited by: "ilovepink" 16th Feb 2011

well done ILP - I was away looking out my simple recipe but its more or less the same as yours. Chuck it all in and mix with hand blender and put in oven - easy as. Here's my Valentine cakes made the same way - but with buttercream icing as ILP has above but I added some vanilla essence and melted chocolate in some too.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/kaks26/cupcake1.jpg

Good luck OP!

kaks26

well done ILP - I was away looking out my simple recipe but its more or … well done ILP - I was away looking out my simple recipe but its more or less the same as yours. Chuck it all in and mix with hand blender and put in oven - easy as. Here's my Valentine cakes made the same way - but with buttercream icing as ILP has above but I added some vanilla essence and melted chocolate in some too.Good OP!

they look lush, i like haing flavoured buttercream too, strawberry is my fav....i got one of those cake stands too!

kaks26

well done ILP - I was away looking out my simple recipe but its more or … well done ILP - I was away looking out my simple recipe but its more or less the same as yours. Chuck it all in and mix with hand blender and put in oven - easy as. Here's my Valentine cakes made the same way - but with buttercream icing as ILP has above but I added some vanilla essence and melted chocolate in some too.Good OP!

They look lovely I've also got that stand! haha

Those stands are fab - they make even lopsided disasters look amazing lol X)

ask the fairies

kaks26

They look great, I can never make my butter cream go right its always a bit sloppy oO which is a shame as I make amazing cakes just not the toppings!
    Edited by: "Shellywelly" 16th Feb 2011

Ask Micoo's mum...lol

I take it beans on toast won at the end of the day OP as that was the last we heard from you?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD38
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …57
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?35
      4. CEX return/exchange at different store22

See more discussions