Found 25th May 2009
I need at least one new tyre (shredded) and could use a couple more soon, so have decided to go the whole hog and replace the set.

I'm going to order them online, however what would you say is a fair price for a garage to fit and balance them?

Also, as a possible additional service, what's a fair price for tracking?

They're 17" tyres, going onto alloy wheels.

Cheers,

13 Comments

depends on tire make e,g, bridgestone, michelen or a cheaper make, the size of the tire e,g. 4x4's ahev much bigger tires than a nissan micra

i would go a general search at known garages such as kwikfit, ATS and then ring local garages and see what they charge

Approximately £10 for fitting is reasonable, last time I paid for tracking, I paid £20.

Original Poster

They're 17" tyres and will just be cheap ones, ordered online and just taken to the garage for fitting.

Have had a couple of prices - one @ £8 per tyre and one at £18.50 - so a bit of a difference as you can see.

£8 sounds pretty good to me, but just wanted to be sure... (Same garage quoted £50 for tracking)

Try,,,
blackcircles.com/
Supply only or fitted,,,

Original Poster

Blackcircles is a great site, have used them before, but they just don't hit the right price this time - guessing because it's not a "standard" tyre size (well, so everybody keeps telling me anyway!)

215 40 ZR17

Banned

i know naff all about cars but if you get a puncture on the m6 you have to change it yourself, so whats the difference between doing all 4

Original Poster

sassie;5317465

i know naff all about cars but if you get a puncture on the m6 you have … i know naff all about cars but if you get a puncture on the m6 you have to change it yourself, so whats the difference between doing all 4

Changing the wheel is not a problem (actually did mine at the side of the M62 earlier...) it's actually fitting a new tyre onto the wheel which is a bit trickier!

Banned

muutoo;5317476

Changing the wheel is not a problem (actually did mine at the side of the … Changing the wheel is not a problem (actually did mine at the side of the M62 earlier...) it's actually fitting a new tyre onto the wheen which is a bit trickier!

see, told ya i knew naff all, thought they came as one :oops:

sassie;5317465

i know naff all about cars but if you get a puncture on the m6 you have … i know naff all about cars but if you get a puncture on the m6 you have to change it yourself, so whats the difference between doing all 4

:?

The OP is on about replacing the tyres not the wheels, unless you have your own tyre changer & wheel balancer then you cant do it.

Original Poster

sassie;5317480

see, told ya i knew naff all, thought they came as one :oops:

Lol, gotta be rep for giving me a giggle! :-D

Would be easier if they did, but a helluva lot more expensive.

Banned

flippin eck i had to take the tyre off one of the kids little bikes, wouldnt like to do a car one, good luck - lol

COSTCO have a deal on Michelin tyres if you buy their Executive card.

Their tyres are at competitive prices anyway (mine beat blackcircles price) and you get 25% off!

Best bit is you can give the card back and get a full refund.

Thanks to Burbs for original headsup :thumbsup:
hotukdeals.com/ite…fo/

Original Poster

sassie;5317494

flippin eck i had to take the tyre off one of the kids little bikes, … flippin eck i had to take the tyre off one of the kids little bikes, wouldnt like to do a car one, good luck - lol

Lol, yeah been there and done that with the kids bikes...definitely easier than a car tyre though. Typically something like this would be used

http://www.firstequipment.co.uk/sice/sicetyrechanger.jpg

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Whatsup number, confused44
  2. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
  3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
  4. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21

See more discussions