Fairy lights? LED ones look awful?

Posted 7th Nov
3326323.jpg
3326323.jpg
I moved in to my own house and I'm going to buy my own Christmas decorations for the first time. I figured this wouldn't be a massive thing but it turns out fairy lights are pretty different from what I remember them as (pictured above).

It now appears that it's all predominantly cheap tacky-looking string lighting. I've come to know fairy lights as having a green base upon which there's typically a translucent shade surround (usually a flower). With that said, I'm not overly keen on going 'back in time' to the old G1 multi colour bulbs that fail so readily.

I've seen some LED sets that mimic the design manufactured by Noma albeit without the shade and these'll probably be my go-to should I not find something more suitable.

Does anyone know of any set that have that old shade green-base design but are also LED?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
We hide ours in plenty of tinsel and they look awesome as we weren't able to find the old fashioned looking ones.
The old ones had those reflectors in part to protect the fragile glass bulbs & general "tack-fest" obligations.

Try a house clearance place!
I have copper wire ones - not multi coloured but they give lovely light! These are them in the multi coloured way.

NEXVIN LED Fairy Lights Plug, 72ft 200 LED Copper Wire Christmas Lights Multicoloured for Christmas Tree, Garden, Party, Wedding (8 Modes, Remote, Timer, Waterproof) amazon.co.uk/dp/…M88
I always thought the coloured plastic flower shaped fairy lights looked a little naff compared to the larger painted moulded glass bulb fairly lights we had on the tree when I was a kid.

Plain leds soldered to a bit of wire do look far naffer though, I think the cluster ones look a little better.

Looks like you can buy a led flower one here :- ukchristmasworld.com/pro…tml

The range has got some moulded plastic led lights:- therange.co.uk/chr…ts/ , battery powered though, which probably means they won't be very bright.
Edited by: "melted" 7th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants