Fairy (Original) Washing Up Liquid - Cheapest

Found 27th Sep 2017
Looking to find the cheapest fairy washing up liquid (original) per ml.

Looking to stock up.

Don't like the watery versions you get (5l) canisters from farm foods etc (usually called fairy professional).

Only looking for the thick type you get in the bottle that you can squeeze or keep on counter top.

My genuine thanks to anyone willing to contribute to this discussion.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Have you tried the Platinum washing up liquid from Aldi?
It's around 70p a bottle and has a Which? Best Buy award.
Original Poster
I've tried the Aldi one.

The only thing that I'm not sure about is how many dishes it will go through - compared to the fairy equivalent.

i.e - volume of dishes cleaned per £1 cost.

Is the Aldi one truely cheaper using that measure?
Iceland are currently selling 1.15L bottles of original for £2 (17.4p/100ml).

Check the following as well

mysupermarket.co.uk/
Libertas2 h, 21 m ago

I've tried the Aldi one.The only thing that I'm not sure about is how many …I've tried the Aldi one.The only thing that I'm not sure about is how many dishes it will go through - compared to the fairy equivalent.i.e - volume of dishes cleaned per £1 cost.Is the Aldi one truely cheaper using that measure?

I can't tell the difference between the Aldi one and Fairy, so taking that into account, I'd say that the Aldi one is best value for money.
Libertas2 h, 32 m ago

I've tried the Aldi one.The only thing that I'm not sure about is how many …I've tried the Aldi one.The only thing that I'm not sure about is how many dishes it will go through - compared to the fairy equivalent.i.e - volume of dishes cleaned per £1 cost.Is the Aldi one truely cheaper using that measure?

It might be possible that you use more of the Aldi washing up liquid compared to Fairy though as Aldi's is only 8.5p/100ml there's probably not that much difference even so - pound for pound.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 27th Sep 2017
chimp14uk13 h, 33 m ago

Have you tried the Platinum washing up liquid from Aldi?It's around 70p a …Have you tried the Platinum washing up liquid from Aldi?It's around 70p a bottle and has a Which? Best Buy award.

Any one who buys Aldi/ Lidl products because they are endorsed by Which? are complete fools.
666FU3 h, 52 m ago

Any one who buys Aldi/ Lidl products because they are endorsed by Which? …Any one who buys Aldi/ Lidl products because they are endorsed by Which? are complete fools.

I completely disagree. Which? are totally independent and don't get paid for the testing.
The Good Housekeeping Institute is a different matter though. The product makers pay the GHI a fee to test their products, and when they are 'approved', which seems to be more often than not, the product makers have to pay the GHI again to use the 'stamp' on their goods.
chimp14uk23 h, 45 m ago

I completely disagree. Which? are totally independent and don't get paid …I completely disagree. Which? are totally independent and don't get paid for the testing.The Good Housekeeping Institute is a different matter though. The product makers pay the GHI a fee to test their products, and when they are 'approved', which seems to be more often than not, the product makers have to pay the GHI again to use the 'stamp' on their goods.

Carry on believing that mate. Companies have to pay to display the Which? logo. The establish brands rely on their own marketing and don't pay Which? If you where Mr Which? who would you give the award to the compsny who wont give you a penny or the one that ultimately pays your wages.
666FU26 m ago

Carry on believing that mate. Companies have to pay to display the Which? …Carry on believing that mate. Companies have to pay to display the Which? logo. The establish brands rely on their own marketing and don't pay Which? If you where Mr Which? who would you give the award to the compsny who wont give you a penny or the one that ultimately pays your wages.

Which's unique selling point is their independence so no they don't want to risk their commercial raison d'etre.
davewave33 m ago

Which's unique selling point is their independence so no they don't want …Which's unique selling point is their independence so no they don't want to risk their commercial raison d'etre.

Like almost all businesses their raison d'etre is to make money. So I'm sure they will do whatever necessary to accomplish that.
666FU39 m ago

Like almost all businesses their raison d'etre is to make money. So I'm …Like almost all businesses their raison d'etre is to make money. So I'm sure they will do whatever necessary to accomplish that.

Like a few rare businesses their raison d'etre is not mainly to make money.
davewave47 m ago

Like a few rare businesses their raison d'etre is not mainly to make money.

I'm sure. Then maybe their raison d'etre is to pay their CEO close to a million quid like they did last year!
Take Which reviews with a pinch of salt, They're not as independent has you think these days. I wish when they reviewed products they'd include reliability of the product or brand they're testing. Hotpoint for example might perform good but regularly require engineer call outs costing £130+ each time.

People treat the reviews as gospel when the reality is often different.
.MUFC.1 h, 18 m ago

Take Which reviews with a pinch of salt, They're not as independent has …Take Which reviews with a pinch of salt, They're not as independent has you think these days. I wish when they reviewed products they'd include reliability of the product or brand they're testing. Hotpoint for example might perform good but regularly require engineer call outs costing £130+ each time.People treat the reviews as gospel when the reality is often different.

Well your dreams have been answered they do a brand reliability test.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants