fake 4k

Found 25th Nov 2017
if fantastic beast and where to find them is fake 4k. i am. guessing there won't be much difference, especially price wise.

if i just get blue ray and let the 4k player upscale

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

Fantastic Beasts is one of the very few films that was actually mastered in 4K, so it's not fake 4K.

Even if it was mastered in 2K your player couldn't upscale 1080p to 4K and achieve the same quality.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 25th Nov 2017

Original Poster

says on website show in 3.4 k

but then rendered in 2k

Yeah I missed the negative format that was 3.4K (3414 x 2198)

According to IMDb it was mastered in 4K

imdb.com/tit…spe

If 4K players could upscale 1080p to 4K and achieve the same results as the studios, the UHD market would have been dead before it started
Edited by: "4Real2016" 25th Nov 2017

This is probably due to aspect ratio conversion. Better this than lopping off most film just to fill a 16:9 ratio
toolstud.io/pho…oto
You could do what the cinemas do and has a couple of motorised curtains to cover the black bars and the sides

Not really, if you look at the spec's on IMDb, they used Panavision E and G Series Lenses, which are both anamorphic, you can see this from the source format which states its anamorphic.

4Real20161 h, 34 m ago

Not really, if you look at the spec's on IMDb, they used Panavision E and …Not really, if you look at the spec's on IMDb, they used Panavision E and G Series Lenses, which are both anamorphic, you can see this from the source format which states its anamorphic.

Oh so that's the standard it was recorded in and then up-sampled 1.2x ?
32561489-givO8.jpg

Original Poster

so is it real or upsc6
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions