Fake battery - Amazon marketplace

Not a big deal but just wondering what you folks would do.

I bought a battery for my phone described as an Original Nokia battery. Only a fiver delivered so i almost knew it wouldn't be but it said it was. The seller is on Amazon marketplace. The invoice says Nokia Original, but clearly the battery has no hologram and no Nokia logo. It looks cheap in comparison. I can either live with it or presumably send it back. I guess these companies get a way with it as most folks can' be bothered to return it for a fiver?

7 Comments

BlackCloud

Not a big deal but just wondering what you folks would do.I bought a … Not a big deal but just wondering what you folks would do.I bought a battery for my phone described as an Original Nokia battery. Only a fiver delivered so i almost knew it wouldn't be but it said it was. The seller is on Amazon marketplace. The invoice says Nokia Original, but clearly the battery has no hologram and no Nokia logo. It looks cheap in comparison. I can either live with it or presumably send it back. I guess these companies get a way with it as most folks can' be bothered to return it for a fiver?

Exactly. Send it back, out of principle. If you don't it'll only encourage them to keep doing it. Maybe drop Trading Standards an email too.

Well, that's what I'd do anyway..

Contact Amazon and report it to them and see what they say. Always found Amazon customer service to be top notch and they will usually sort it.

Banned

go through the returns procedure with amazon, dont they have a system in place for this kind of thing?

dont make me go look for you

does it work?

Original Poster

chalkysoil;8668656

does it work?

Appears to, but in my experience these things tend to work but don't seem to have so many life cycles and often the time it can power is shorter. I lived in the middle east and it was hard to buy an original anything there in certain places!

Send it back & report it to Amazon then, Amazon is usually reliable unlike fleabay - don't want it going downhill. Name & shame the company

Last time I complained because of substandard goods from Market Place they refunded quickly.

When I asked how to return to them at their expense they basically said to keep it as it was not worth their while.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. love affairs1342
    2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40213
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826366
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927356

See more discussions