Fake Crowd Noise on TV Football Coverage - Off or On?

Posted 28th Jun
For me, the canned crowd noise totallyruins the game, it has to go off right from the start.

How about you?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I’ve noticed the atmosphere at the Emirates has really improved in the past fortnight.
On 100%. Surprisingly you forget it’s empty sometimes
Sc4mp028/06/2020 19:13

I quite like it to be honest, like @D3LL80Y there's been a few times I've …I quite like it to be honest, like @D3LL80Y there's been a few times I've forgot the stadium is empty.I quite like how the noise/chants etc change depending on where the ball is and the situation

The broadcasters have done a good job at getting the stadium noise tbh, it would be very hard to watch football without it
44 Comments
Keep it on. The silence is awful.
On. The lesser of two evils.
I’ve noticed the atmosphere at the Emirates has really improved in the past fortnight.
I quite like it to be honest, like @D3LL80Y there's been a few times I've forgot the stadium is empty.

I quite like how the noise/chants etc change depending on where the ball is and the situation
Off. I can’t trick my brain into thinking there’s people there when the empty seats are visible all of the time.
Also I find it really interesting hearing the players and coaching staff during the match. That said, I’m really looking forward to the stadiums being full again.
Don’t watch football but would have to be off, like fake laughter on comedy shows..

I quite like it to be honest, like @D3LL80Y there's been a few times I've …I quite like it to be honest, like @D3LL80Y there's been a few times I've forgot the stadium is empty.I quite like how the noise/chants etc change depending on where the ball is and the situation

The broadcasters have done a good job at getting the stadium noise tbh, it would be very hard to watch football without it
np8528/06/2020 19:12

I’ve noticed the atmosphere at the Emirates has really improved in the p …I’ve noticed the atmosphere at the Emirates has really improved in the past fortnight.

We've yet to have a home game since the restart though...

I have the crowd sound on. Would rather mute the dreary commentators!
I find changing channel helps.
I think without the crowd noise it would just sound like a training ground practice match. The way the crowd sound builds up is nice.
Keep it on otherwise feels like im watching snooker
'It's a far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it? Mmmmm. Marvellous.'
The crowds add to the game, so silence isn't golden.
For me everything is fine
Wish there was a option to change commentator. Can’t stand Martin Tyler, must be crying now that LFC are Champions.
Was just discussing with my son and we both prefer it on.
I find it funny, there was a foul and a booking. Whoever was in charge of the sound effects played the crowd booing, I thought poor ref can't get a break lol.
Prefer it on. It’s like the difference between WWE and their silence and canned noise behind plexiglass, and AEW with their own wrestlers and staff around the ring and in the stands of Daily’s Place Jacksonville going nuts.
Candystore28/06/2020 19:45

Wish there was a option to change commentator. Can’t stand Martin Tyler, m …Wish there was a option to change commentator. Can’t stand Martin Tyler, must be crying now that LFC are Champions.

On iPlayer you can have the radio 5 commentary instead.
the Americans do it better.

over here they choose the most boring noise
Couldn't care less either way. Haven't seen any but at least the camera will not be spending half the time focused on crowds of spectators. So annoying. Even snooker has that now. Audience waving at themselves on the screen.
Defos on. Feels like a pre season friendly to me when its off.
Had the crowd noise on last few games but the city game tonight really annoyed me !

Wasn’t even crowd noise it was just a really annoying background noise and it was louder than the commentary

Agree, is it a case of someone with a sounds machine and someone pressing the relevant sound button?
suejb228/06/2020 21:56

Agree, is it a case of someone with a sounds machine and someone pressing …Agree, is it a case of someone with a sounds machine and someone pressing the relevant sound button?

I believe so
I hope they don't have the sound board from South Africa 2010 World Cup. Ouch.
I turn it off so I can eat my prawn sandwich in peace.
On unless enough action otherwise I'd fall asleep. I noticed the goal cheering is late sometimes.
Edited by: "MR1123" 28th Jun
I find it amusing all the players forced to drop to one knee for fear of having their careers ended.
On always. I also liked the cardboard fans in the seats at Leeds, it did look ok. The fact that one of the "fans" was a picture of Osama Bin Laden was interesting..........
i need the fan noise
np8528/06/2020 19:12

I’ve noticed the atmosphere at the Emirates has really improved in the p …I’ve noticed the atmosphere at the Emirates has really improved in the past fortnight.

Hah! There wasn’t any matches at Emirates so far though? Did you mean Etihad?
D3LL80Y28/06/2020 19:10

Thats what ive found. Theyve actually done it quite well i think. you obviously only nitice when you see no fans but whilst watching the game, with crows noise, its easy to forget no fans if the crowd noise DJ is doing a good job.
MrKrabs28/06/2020 23:16

I find it amusing all the players forced to drop to one knee for fear of …I find it amusing all the players forced to drop to one knee for fear of having their careers ended.

or maybe they believe in the cause and want to show solidarity. Its not like the poppy issue where people dont get any abuse for choosing not to wear it. oh sorry, James McLean might differ on that
On for me. I think the BBC crowd noise sounds a bit more natural than Sky/BT.
EN1GMA29/06/2020 08:45

Thats what ive found. Theyve actually done it quite well i think. you …Thats what ive found. Theyve actually done it quite well i think. you obviously only nitice when you see no fans but whilst watching the game, with crows noise, its easy to forget no fans if the crowd noise DJ is doing a good job.

It’s noticeable that by having banners on the low tier it means you don’t see the seating when the main camera is on screen. Great work by them
I guess with so many preferring it on, I now understand why wrestling is so popular
Off and I wish I could turn off the annoying commentators
moschops129/06/2020 09:38

Off and I wish I could turn off the annoying commentators

Amazon prime football will have that option, as they had it for the xmas games. The sweet spot is when the tv action matches up with the radio commentary = perfect.
Post a comment
@
    Text