Groups
    EXPIRED

Fake DSTT?

Today I received a DSTT cart from focalprice and am having some trouble establishing whether it's fake or not. Anyone out there an expert on the subject?

My cart doesn't look like any of the ones in the pictures at ndstt.com. It's not got a silver metal microSD reader, it's got a black plastic one which isn't spring loaded.

It's almost exactly the same as this one: pix.gbatemp.net/110…jpg

Anybody?

8 Comments

Original Poster

Doesn't look like any of these:
    http://ndstt.com/images/Fake_Package.jpg
    http://ndstt.com/images/new_tt_en_small.jpg

Looks like this one:
    http://pix.gbatemp.net/110600/DSTTPlasticHolder.jpg

Does it work?

Original Poster

esq3585;6293173

Does it work?

Yeah it works fine. I'd rather not run the risk of using a fake one though as I've heard they can blow the DS's fuses?

I've tried running the dsttflashcheck software but it doesn't recognise the cart (probably because the software predates this particular version of cart).
    Anyone got a link to the official NDSTT fake check software? The official site only has the one used on DSTTi..

Banned

me and friends have had the "fake" ones for well over a year, none have ever been duff or knackered the ds lites, although have never updated the firmware on any of them, never needed to

Original Poster

sassie;6294341

me and friends have had the "fake" ones for well over a year, none have … me and friends have had the "fake" ones for well over a year, none have ever been duff or knackered the ds lites, although have never updated the firmware on any of them, never needed to

That's good to hear. Was just gonna bin it if it turned out to be a fake as it was only £3.. but might as well hang on to it if it works ok :thumbsup:

Banned

oldmanhouse;6294447

That's good to hear. Was just gonna bin it if it turned out to be a fake … That's good to hear. Was just gonna bin it if it turned out to be a fake as it was only £3.. but might as well hang on to it if it works ok :thumbsup:

there was lots of stories about them knackering the consoles up, but thousands upon thousands have them and you hear the odd story it has, both my kids have insurance via argos (3 yr replacement warranty) so am happy to use them, but i still believe it was all hype and bull from the originol makers of the dstt

Original Poster

sassie;6294470

there was lots of stories about them knackering the consoles up, but … there was lots of stories about them knackering the consoles up, but thousands upon thousands have them and you hear the odd story it has, both my kids have insurance via argos (3 yr replacement warranty) so am happy to use them, but i still believe it was all hype and bull from the originol makers of the dstt

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Thanks for your info, repped :thumbsup:

any card probably has the chance of breaking a DS, i have read reports of most cards doing something but the cases are so limited its not worth worrying about.

the whole "fake" thing can just be ignored its silly - something is made in china, it sells well people copy it job done.....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4832313
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?36200
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764698
      4. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)717

See more discussions