Fake Ebay Amazon Kindle ?

Found 9th Nov 2015
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Amazon Kidle paperwhite (2015) from this ebay seller (ebay.co.uk/itm…278?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT).

Is there anyone out there who has done the same and can vouch for its authenticity ? It seems strange that a reseller can sell it for substantially less than amazon, when amazon apparently make no profit from the kindle ?
Community Updates
11 Comments
Original Poster
Edited by: "LM290" 9th Nov 2015
Probably just a cheaper imported version. But everywhere is usually cheaper than amazon anyway - (for their own stuff!) - until they have a black Friday sale or something ...
why do you say its fake? the seller is US you can buy them there with a saving anyway they may have bought them direct from Amazon in the US and had the container shipped to the UK instead of the US. in the US you can buy one today for about £65 yourself of Amazon so selling at this price would be possible. We bought 2 in the US last year, just link to a UK amazon account no problems.
Edited by: "eslick" 9th Nov 2015
Original Poster
eslick

why do you say its fake? the seller is US you can buy them there with a … why do you say its fake? the seller is US you can buy them there with a saving anyway they may have bought them direct from Amazon in the US and had the container shipped to the UK instead of the US.

I didnt say it was fake. I am asking if anyone on here has bought one from the seller and found it to be fake. I got the link within a kindle deal that was posted on here, so I assume others from the site have purchased one at some point from them.

Also, if it is a US version, does that make any difference ?
I'm in same boat, after a new Kindle and saw these on eBay for £80 and was wondering why a lot cheaper than Amazon.

If they are legit and just imports does this have an effect on the store you access? Warranty? or anything else?

Theres this shop who's selling both on eBay & on their site but know nothing about them....
eglobalcentral.co.uk/ama…ODw
Original Poster
Ammo71

I'm in same boat, after a new Kindle and saw these on eBay for £80 and … I'm in same boat, after a new Kindle and saw these on eBay for £80 and was wondering why a lot cheaper than Amazon.If they are legit and just imports does this have an effect on the store you access? Warranty? or anything else?Theres this shop who's selling both on eBay & on their site but know nothing about them....http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/amazon-kindle-paperwhite-6-inch-4gb-wifi-tablet-2015-version-300ppi-with-ad-en.html?gclid=CKex1dGbg8kCFYgKwwodAaAODw

I was looking at that company also, but due to the much larger numbers being sold on the link I provided I decided to go with them. Read some feedback about fake ipads and not actually sending orders, but thats a much higher priced item which I expect to have more fakes knocking about. I decided to buy from ebay because of the paypal/ebay protection. Once you open a dispute im sure it will be easy enough to get the money back if it turns out to be fake, but it would be good to hear from someone who actually bought one.
I bought that exact one from that seller during the eBay 20%* off haven't opened it as it's Christmas present but it looks like the real deal
opened it up (want to make sure it real) I think it's real
Original Poster
fraserthomson16

opened it up (want to make sure it real) I think it's real

Any way to check serial codes ? also is it a UK or US plug.... assuming you get a plug with the USB cable
LM290

I didnt say it was fake. I am asking if anyone on here has bought one … I didnt say it was fake. I am asking if anyone on here has bought one from the seller and found it to be fake. I got the link within a kindle deal that was posted on here, so I assume others from the site have purchased one at some point from them. Also, if it is a US version, does that make any difference ?

Ok didn't take it as that no difference in uk / us versions and expect that's why they don't come with a plug makes it easier for them to ship. Also it comes with the adverts so if it was fake they wouldn't be bothered with that.
Do they sell the "offers" version in the UK - that would be one reason it's cheaper.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants