Groups

Fake Head And shoulders in 99p store and B&M

watched on fake Britain. ..seems like lots of fake goods in the discount store so be careful where you buy your toiletries.

21 Comments

That article is from 2014 OP you got anything that is news ?

thewongwing101

​give the guy a break Mr happy!!!

Why not just buy the real imitation stuff from the likes of Home Bargains instead 'Hair and Head' shampoo...nobody is going to fake an imitation

tony211166

​give the guy a break Mr happy!!!

If I was Mr happy it wouldn't be a problem
    https://singlemumworking.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/mr-happy.jpg

Few days ago the kinder surprise was going for 29p and it had Chinese writing on it plus it tasted different. So I'm not surprised at this news!!

pureamz003

Few days ago the kinder surprise was going for 29p and it had Chinese … Few days ago the kinder surprise was going for 29p and it had Chinese writing on it plus it tasted different. So I'm not surprised at this news!!

I bought some chocolate from 99p store that had Norwegian writing on it, and it tasted the same as the one I had in Norway

Original Poster

thewongwing101

​ha ha...the dangers of watching some shows...was literally watching at the gym and thought it was current!!

Original Poster

drasim

I bought some chocolate from 99p store that had Norwegian writing on it, … I bought some chocolate from 99p store that had Norwegian writing on it, and it tasted the same as the one I had in Norway

​that's brilliant. Hahaha

drasim

I bought some chocolate from 99p store that had Norwegian writing on it, … I bought some chocolate from 99p store that had Norwegian writing on it, and it tasted the same as the one I had in Norway

Actually chocolate by the same brand manufacturer can vary in differing countries without it being 'fake'. So in the Kinder Surprise Chinese example, although it tasted different does not necessarily mean it is fake. It could be produced under license from Ferrero.

If your Norwegian chocolate bar had Norwegian writing on it and tasted the same as it did in Norway then clearly it was imported from Norway.

Take for example Cadbury, in the US you can buy imported Cadbury from the UK and obviously it tastes the same. However there is also Cadbury America that produce chocolate too under license...and that tastes rank.

Same can be applied to brewers etc....check the labels there to see if drinks are imports or if 'brewed under license'
    Edited by: "cicobuff" 16th Jan 2016

You've got to wonder how Home Bargains and B&M are able to sell products dirt cheap, they're either fake or they've been imported from a cheap country. Im pretty sure every product sold in the UK has to have English written ingredients/product information on the packaging, I can confirm stuff from Home Bargains does not

Didn't know 99p Stores and B&M sold fake products, I thought these big companies would use reliable distributors. So thanks for sharing OP.

adz2010

You've got to wonder how Home Bargains and B&M are able to sell products … You've got to wonder how Home Bargains and B&M are able to sell products dirt cheap, they're either fake or they've been imported from a cheap country. Im pretty sure every product sold in the UK has to have English written ingredients/product information on the packaging, I can confirm stuff from Home Bargains does not

You may have missed them in English, I'd guess they were there somewhere. English might not be the prominent language if they are from another country.

Original Poster

the fakes are exactly the same packaging. ..the stuff inside is dodgy

Banned

OK so what happened??? did they get a fine ??
    I bought some from market 3 for £10 , big bottles which sell for £5 each at asda and felt it was fake. it sort of was stinging my head.

what episode was it please

Transformers

Didn't know 99p Stores and B&M sold fake products, I thought these big … Didn't know 99p Stores and B&M sold fake products, I thought these big companies would use reliable distributors. So thanks for sharing OP.

Yeah, if they bought the stock from someone without checking if they are an authorisesd distributor, the blame is on them for the fakes getting to the customers.
    Edited by: "fps_d0minat0r" 16th Jan 2016

sofiasar

OK so what happened??? did they get a fine ?? I bought some from market 3 … OK so what happened??? did they get a fine ?? I bought some from market 3 for £10 , big bottles which sell for £5 each at asda and felt it was fake. it sort of was stinging my head. what episode was it please

According to fake britain, the stores were treated as victims.
    It was on yesterday, not sure if that was a repeat or the original. I hardly watch it.
    Edited by: "fps_d0minat0r" 16th Jan 2016

Bought shampoo in Boots today instead of Savers to compare. Same stuff, but in Savers it's half the price normally it is in Boots. Was BOGOF today which made it the same price. Have had a slightly sore scalp but put it down to other things. I guess I am worrying now. We will see.

If it is different, I suspect it might take some time to recover so do not expect an immediate difference.

Has a Sex-change chemical
    Should be called Wash and Go

Original Poster

sofiasar

OK so what happened??? did they get a fine ?? I bought some from market 3 … OK so what happened??? did they get a fine ?? I bought some from market 3 for £10 , big bottles which sell for £5 each at asda and felt it was fake. it sort of was stinging my head. what episode was it please

bbc.co.uk/ipl…-12
    about 5 minutes in

Original Poster

PUBLISHED: 09:31, 29 February 2016

Poundstretcher sued for ‘selling fake bottles of Head & Shoulders’ as big brands launch fight against ‘copycat’ discounters
    thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto…ece

PROCTER & GAMBLE has filed a High Court action against Poundstretcher and two suppliers, accusing them of selling counterfeit Head & Shoulders shampoo and Ariel laundry powder.

The American consumer goods giant alleges that the discount retailer and two wholesalers, Home and Beauty and J&S Brands, traded in bogus products and infringed its trademarks between 2013 and 2014. P&G is seeking damages and has demanded to be told the origins of the imitation goods.

Poundstretcher and Home and Beauty have not yet filed defences to the claim, which was brought last month. J&S has submitted a defence, saying it “does not admit” to having bought and sold fake products. It “believes” its haircare goods were not counterfeit, although it “is now aware that the marketplace was in 2013 awash” with bogus products.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77736
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047154
      3. Fifa 18 web app Now active.44
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1930

See more discussions