Groups

Fake Perfume From Ebay

I just received a bottle of fake Escada perfume, I know it's fake because it's a perfume I buy when I go abroad(it's not easily available in UK). The smell is nothing like how it should smell and the lettering and hearts on the neck of the bottle are not even. How do I go about getting a full refund? I don't see why I should be out of pocket for my return postage because it's a fake. Thanks in advance for any advice.

22 Comments

SuperEd

open a paypal dispute

Contact seller, if no luck paypal dispute

Original Poster

goonertillidie

open a paypal dispute

Thank you, will I receive my return postage back if I go down this route?

Banned

Why buy on eBay if you have no idea how it works?

SuperEd

LoveHearts

Thank you, will I receive my return postage back if I go down this route?

you shouldnt need to send it back as its fake goods (if you can prove its fake)
    Edited by: "goonertillidie" 8th Jan 2011

Original Poster

dimebars

Why buy on eBay if you have no idea how it works?

You're right but I learned my lesson now.

Original Poster

goonertillidie

you shouldnt need to send it back as its fake goods (if you can prove its … you shouldnt need to send it back as its fake goods (if you can prove its fake)

I don't know how I can prove it as unfortunately I haven't got one of my old ones to show that the neck of the bottle is not right.

Why not use another website to demonstrate that its fake using their pictures. For example;

cheapsmells.com/sea…php?search=escada&cm_mmc_o=7BBTkw*Vzbp+mwzygt*4zll+4zyLwf+PyzEpl*Hlgzpz+C+7wEwybg&gclid=CJjFzPSOq6YCFVAf4QodJVZ5Yw

Am sure paypal will ask you for proof that its fake - might be wrong though

or even the escada website. Looks like they are owned by P&G who I'm sure would love to know about fake versions of their perfume being sold in UK.

escada-fragrances.com/

Original Poster

graham29a

or even the escada website. Looks like they are owned by P&G who I'm … or even the escada website. Looks like they are owned by P&G who I'm sure would love to know about fake versions of their perfume being sold in UK.http://www.escada-fragrances.com/

Thank you, good idea. I have contacted the buyer and if they don't reply or refuse to refund then I'll contact P&G to ask if they can help me prove it's fake.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil

How much was it and how much is it normally?

I paid £24 and I usually buy it in Spain for 55 Euros.
    Edited by: "LoveHearts" 8th Jan 2011

Banned

return postage?
    It's illegal to send counterfiet goods through the post so make sure you tell the seller if he wants it back he can arrange a collection as you don't want to break the law

Original Poster

colinsunderland

return postage?It's illegal to send counterfiet goods through the post so … return postage?It's illegal to send counterfiet goods through the post so make sure you tell the seller if he wants it back he can arrange a collection as you don't want to break the law

Oh I didn't know that I asked him to pay the return postage into my PP account before I send it back oO

Original Poster

UPDATE:

Result I just got my refund and Ebay didn't tell me to send back the snide perfume. I want to leave him a neg now, any suggestions on what to write (am I right in thinking if I use the word fake in his FB he can get it removed?) Thanks.

Just out of curiosity did you need to prove to paypal it was fake? I got stung by this last year. Sold a genuine set of headphones I purchased from a shop. Buyer claimed they were fake, paypal took their side and refunded leaving me with no headphones and no money

Original Poster

callum84

Just out of curiosity did you need to prove to paypal it was fake? I got … Just out of curiosity did you need to prove to paypal it was fake? I got stung by this last year. Sold a genuine set of headphones I purchased from a shop. Buyer claimed they were fake, paypal took their side and refunded leaving me with no headphones and no money

The weird thing is I opened the case with PP but it ended up with Ebay dealing with it oO They didn't ask me for proof.

LoveHearts

UPDATE:Result I just got my refund and Ebay didn't tell me to send back … UPDATE:Result I just got my refund and Ebay didn't tell me to send back the snide perfume. I want to leave him a neg now, any suggestions on what to write (am I right in thinking if I use the word fake in his FB he can get it removed?) Thanks.

Was just going to post about this as I bought a Benefit Cosmetics item that's fake. Just checked the seller's feedback and a few negs saying received counterfeit items. So say counterfeit rather than fake.

Original Poster

Rhianne

Was just going to post about this as I bought a Benefit Cosmetics item … Was just going to post about this as I bought a Benefit Cosmetics item that's fake. Just checked the seller's feedback and a few negs saying received counterfeit items. So say counterfeit rather than fake.

My seller had sold 7 other bottles with positive FB, I found out he had another account where he sold around 25 bottles and all good FB. I know this perfume inside out and I feel sorry for the other people who thought they bought the real deal.

Edited by: "LoveHearts" 20th Jan 2011

Remember paypal and eBay are same company. Glad you got your money back

All that is sold on Ebay is fake.People are so stupid selling fake electrical items.There are a few horror stories about people being electrocuted. Im glad you got your £ back though.

Banned

Don't mention the paypal dispute or the seller can get the FB removed.

Just keep it simple "Received counterfeit perfume"
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121
      2. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44

See more discussions