Fake rechargeable batteries on ebay, help report them

Found 19th Jun 2013
Ebay is selling AAA sized rechargeable batteries with a capacity of 2600mah, now this is impossible due to the small physical size of nimh AAAs which have a max capacity of about 1000mah.
I have reported these to ebay but it will not remove them.
They are also dangerous, i.e if you tried charging them with a constant curent of 260 ma for 10 hours then they would vent or maybe catch fire.
Link in first post

1. Misc
  2. Battery
24 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311.R1.TR1.TRC0&_nkw=aaa+2600mah&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Please report these to ebay

they also got them on amazon, I knownnothing about batteries but if ebay are not removing them perhaps they are ok..... but like I said I know nothing about batteries. try emailing the seller stating what you have said above

Original Poster

This is common, chinese factories buy cells in bulk which have no lables. They are then free to add their label , logo and capacity details. They lie about the capacity details so they sell better.

Original Poster

mossypwl

they also got them on amazon, I knownnothing about batteries but if ebay … they also got them on amazon, I knownnothing about batteries but if ebay are not removing them perhaps they are ok..... but like I said I know nothing about batteries. try emailing the seller stating what you have said above

They are not ok. Panasonic and sanyo the most respected battery manufacturers can only sell AAA with about 1000 mah capacity. If these cells were ok it would be on the news as we would now have laptops that could last for 20 hours.
AAs have a max capacity of 2600 mah, the chinese factories which buy the bog standard non labeled cells are free to label the cells in any way they see fit, and they have either made a mistake or are fibbing
The real capacity of these cells,will be nearer 800mah

Edited by: "lumsdot" 19th Jun 2013

They should be charged for this!!

ah ok I sort of understand now, I have reported them to ebay..... let see if ebay do anything about it ...

Try Ebay on Facebook,send a private message,I've had success that way with complaints.

Looking at some of their Neg feedback the items they sell are dangerous,several people have said the items were smoking,melted etc and ruined laptops oO

Their location states Brum,but they are registered in China so not sure if they are deceiving people and the items are being shipped from China with a UK location which is misleading if they are doing that,a seller I would avoid.

Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 19th Jun 2013

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

what lab reports conducted by someone reguarded as an expert in the … what lab reports conducted by someone reguarded as an expert in the subject did you send to ebay when asking them to ban these batteries?hopefully you weren't expecting them to act just on your say-so

If these were labeled as panasonic or sanyo then fine, but they are not. Panasonic and sanyo the rechargeable battery gods can only make aaas with a capacity around 1000mah.
Also AAs are twice the physical size of AAAs and have a max capacity of about 2500mah
So these are fake and dangerous

http://www.ebay.com/gds/AA-NiMH-Batteries-on-eBay-are-bad-AVOID-How-to-test/10000000008828811/g.html

theres a thread on ebay about them....

Original Poster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel–metal_hydride_battery

Wkik says 2.5 ah for AA and 1 ah for AAA

Original Poster

According to uk_verygood_seller these come with a 1 year warranty

If they're just labelled wrong then surely they just wouldn't perform as well as they should, rather than actually being dangerous?

Nobody likes a tell tale.

Original Poster

sancho1983

If they're just labelled wrong then surely they just wouldn't perform as … If they're just labelled wrong then surely they just wouldn't perform as well as they should, rather than actually being dangerous?

They lie about the capacity to sell more, its a con. Plus depending on what charger you use they could be overcharged and explode, catch fire or leak .
If you went on a camping trip and expected these batteries to actually last as long as advertised , you could be left in the dark much sooner than expected

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

so your now claiming these are batteries are fake as well?AccuPower … so your now claiming these are batteries are fake as well?AccuPower 1200mAh AAA http://www.accupower.at/ap1200_en.phpif they are real it doesn't say much for your battery gods X)

Big differnce between 1200 and 2600

mossypwl

http://www.ebay.com/gds/AA-NiMH-Batteries-on-eBay-are-bad-AVOID-How-to-test/10000000008828811/g.htmltheres a thread on ebay about them....

Which is obviously written by an imbecile.

I have found that all of the AA and AAA NiMH batteries that I have … I have found that all of the AA and AAA NiMH batteries that I have purchased on eBay since September 2007 are bad and are not 2600 mah as advertised. So far I have purchased about 100 of these batteries, all from dealers in Hong Kong.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

20%+ is a big difference between what you claim is best and i have proven … 20%+ is a big difference between what you claim is best and i have proven is better

Go away

lumsdot

Go away

Well said http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/axiemeluv/Smiley/themoticon-0136-giggle.gif
Edited by: "deeky" 19th Jun 2013

On the ebay link you posted, there is a charger which comes complete with Uniross batteries quoting the same capacity. Are uniross a semi reputable brand in the battery world?

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-call-the-cops-13.png

Original Poster

[quote=Sebas111]On the ebay link you posted, there is a charger which comes complete with Uniross batteries quoting the same capacity. Are uniross a semi reputable brand in the battery world?

Uniross is good, but the only ad i can see is for a uniross charger with 4 AA. Not AAA

lumsdot

[quote=Sebas111]On the ebay link you posted, there is a charger which … [quote=Sebas111]On the ebay link you posted, there is a charger which comes complete with Uniross batteries quoting the same capacity. Are uniross a semi reputable brand in the battery world? Uniross is good, but the only ad i can see is for a uniross charger with 4 AA. Not AAA

That will teach me to look at things more clearly. Apologies

lumsdot

They are not ok. Panasonic and sanyo the most respected battery … They are not ok. Panasonic and sanyo the most respected battery manufacturers can only sell AAA with about 1000 mah capacity. If these cells were ok it would be on the news as we would now have laptops that could last for 20 hours.AAs have a max capacity of 2600 mah, the chinese factories which buy the bog standard non labeled cells are free to label the cells in any way they see fit, and they have either made a mistake or are fibbingThe real capacity of these cells,will be nearer 800mah

lumsdot

If these were labeled as panasonic or sanyo then fine, but they are not. … If these were labeled as panasonic or sanyo then fine, but they are not. Panasonic and sanyo the rechargeable battery gods can only make aaas with a capacity around 1000mah.Also AAs are twice the physical size of AAAs and have a max capacity of about 2500mahSo these are fake and dangerous

so AAs can be 2500mah or 2600mah? which is it, you've said two different things

Cool story bro.

Banned

battery geeks lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants