Fake sellers on Amazon

Twice in the last week or so i have contacted Amazon Live Chat about these fraudster scumbags, yet Amazon still allow them to advertise all over Amazon allegedly selling electrical goods at vastly reduced prices.

Amazon really don't seem to give a flying monkeys about it either and havent exactly been very proactive in removing these sellers.

Why? Why do Amazon not care in the slightest?

Time to shame Amazon. Again.

16 Comments

Original Poster

https://s12.postimg.org/n5yipfl31/Screenshot_2016_12_04_00_10_02.png

Amazon probably do care as it takes them time and effort to deal with issues and they do refund you if you lose out.

I suspect it is quite a task to accurately vet each and every seller, not even sure how that would be done. Even at their size I'm not sure they could have someone physical verify off site stock levels, and even if they could they offenders are fraudsters so I'm sure they could get round amazon checks.

I don't think it would be an easy task, but I'm just sitting on the toilet contemplating this where as amazon have billions of dollars behind them so I suppose if there is a solution they will get there before you or I.

Original Poster

These 'sellers' are exploiting via 2 methods. Doing as above in the screenshot, by opening new stores under various guises, or actually engaging their brains!

Essentially they are buying expired domains names based on Amazon seller history then reestablishing the original sellers account, therefore they appear to have numerous reviews all from several months ago. Ive seen a few 'selling' TV's despite being named something like My Craft Shop and the whois data and archive.org showing the domain obviously expired as the company has gone under, yet Amazon don't seem to give a toss.

Hopefully someone sells their story to the Sun and maybe, just maybe, Amazon will buck up their ideas on who and when they allow 3rd Party merchants to sell on Amazon.

I keep getting price alerts on Nikon D600 cameras from these scumbags 4 or 5 times a week, it amazes me that Amazon aren't a little more on the ball.
It certainly wouldn't happen on eBay.

These sellers have been active on amazon for months now they get you to contact them first and ask for other payment not amazon payments if you do not contact them and just pay they refund you.

Should say scammers not sellers dirty ****

eBay also send emails out linking to Chinese sellers selling fake unlicensed goods. That annoys me. Amazon are not much better. It's time to get to grips with fake and useless goods coming in cheap from china.

I bought an iron recently from an amazon seller,it was advertised here first for amazon so I clicked the link and noticed a seller selling them less than half the price than other amazon sellers who were selling them on sale for £49 and there price was £20,the original price for the iron was around £90,now the seller usarmy mall stated it was being shipped from the uk that was over 4wks ago but when I went to track the item it stated it was coming from china,I've contacted amazon who have been useless may I say as not received any iron as yet and the tracking said it arrived In the UK last week :-/,all amazon have said so far is contact the seller first for a refund which I've done more than once with no contact or reply,bad on amazon for letting these fraudsters sell fake dangerous goods etc on there website and let them get away with it. I'm going to write a very long not so nice letter to the head of amazon and tell them how discussed I am with there service in this matter,well here's one customer who won't be shopping on Amazon again,saying that they are selling on eBay also. So look out for this seller USARMY MALL don't buy anything from them!

brian1977

I bought an iron recently from an amazon seller,it was advertised here … I bought an iron recently from an amazon seller,it was advertised here first for amazon so I clicked the link and noticed a seller selling them less than half the price than other amazon sellers who were selling them on sale for £49 and there price was £20,the original price for the iron was around £90,now the seller usarmy mall stated it was being shipped from the uk that was over 4wks ago but when I went to track the item it stated it was coming from china,I've contacted amazon who have been useless may I say as not received any iron as yet and the tracking said it arrived In the UK last week :-/,all amazon have said so far is contact the seller first for a refund which I've done more than once with no contact or reply,bad on amazon for letting these fraudsters sell fake dangerous goods etc on there website and let them get away with it. I'm going to write a very long not so nice letter to the head of amazon and tell them how discussed I am with there service in this matter,well here's one customer who won't be shopping on Amazon again,saying that they are selling on eBay also. So look out for this seller USARMY MALL don't buy anything from them!

Letter to Amazon: short, to the point. Nobody takes rambling waffle seriously; many examples on HUKD.

brian1977

I bought an iron recently from an amazon seller,it was advertised here … I bought an iron recently from an amazon seller,it was advertised here first for amazon so I clicked the link and noticed a seller selling them less than half the price than other amazon sellers who were selling them on sale for £49 and there price was £20,the original price for the iron was around £90,now the seller usarmy mall stated it was being shipped from the uk that was over 4wks ago but when I went to track the item it stated it was coming from china,I've contacted amazon who have been useless may I say as not received any iron as yet and the tracking said it arrived In the UK last week :-/,all amazon have said so far is contact the seller first for a refund which I've done more than once with no contact or reply,bad on amazon for letting these fraudsters sell fake dangerous goods etc on there website and let them get away with it. I'm going to write a very long not so nice letter to the head of amazon and tell them how discussed I am with there service in this matter,well here's one customer who won't be shopping on Amazon again,saying that they are selling on eBay also. So look out for this seller USARMY MALL don't buy anything from them!

well that was pretty daft of you. £20 for rrp £90 item. other sellers £49 one born every minute.
Edited by: "jonnithomas" 4th Dec 2016

almost bought gaming monitor from such sellers last week. was in doubt and contacted amazon through chat to verify but amazon rep still saying it's OK to buy from them. luckily I didn't. .... sounds like my gut feeling was right afterall

Well with them selling on amazon I thought they'd be ok obviously not :-( I'll no better next time

I've noticed this a lot - they don't seem to realise this is not just going to put people off buying on the marketplace, it will put people off selling on it, and probably damage their wider reputation too.

....Oh and I contacted them about it around a month ago about the many laptops and was assured it would be escalated. (_;)

amazon get there fees and as long as they make a profit don't give a fly monkeys same with ebay 90% of so Called genuine phone batteries are fake on both yet they don't care even if u report the items same with the police they don't get even I'd u have them the details of stolen goods in transit to a address amazon don't care police don't care. it's all a bit of a ponzi scheme. if they stamped out all the fake stuff and stopped items being stolen they wouldn't be able to sell things at inflated prices people wouldn't use PayPal and credit cards for protection so as long as they make enough profit they don't care about it. same as hmc don't recover taxes from major corporations or from small business owners whom empoy people below minimum wages and don't pay taxes if they did prices would go up so it's all about profits and what they can let go by

They need these extra sales to help pay their tax bill.

if it's too good to be true... it usually is. People need to wise up
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
    2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
    3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
    4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions