Groups

Fake Tan Advice please

I woke up this morning, and i realised i looked sooooo pale, so as i cant wait for the summer to get here and get some rays on me, Can anyone recomend a good fake tan, none streaky, and i dont want to look like iv been tangoed ! lol
    Thanks in advance
    xxx

15 Comments

fake bake is really good

Admin

I use xen tan if I feel a bit pale ( feelunique.com/sel…FmA )
    Goes on really nice, doesn't streak and doesn't smell horrible! Smells like marzipan

boots got loadsa things 75% off

i like the avon one, it builds a gradual tan and its a great mosturiser!

whatever you use, please avoid this look ....
    http://thermalblog.co.uk/images/faketan.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/b0yw0nder/worldinaction.jpg
    http://img6.travelblog.org/Photos/45244/271139/t/2305737-No-fake-tan-can-go-this-wrong-0.jpg

Don't do it. I'd prefer white and pastey to orange any day. If you want some colour in your cheeks have 4 double whiskies before setting off for work, then top up with 4 more at lunch time.

Banned

Best thing to use is the moisurising gradual tan thing (the dove one smells really nice too and only a fiver) as it NEVER goes streaky, is almost impossible to get it wrong! looks really natural too

Banned

go natural , guys dont wanna go out with a wotsit

woohoo going to africa on monday no fake tan for me

Banned

post a pic angel eyes and we'll tell you what we think

Original Poster

Thank you all for your advice, iv decided to just try the gradual approch :thumbsup:
    and if that doesn't work, then il have a sun shower :-D

I use Fake Bake, the original one. I think it's the best I've ever used (st. tropez brings me out in a horrid rash) although it's a bit pricey (£25) it's definitley worth it because it lasts a long time and goes on really easy (although you look like you've been rolling around in mud) and gives you a fab tan! the only down side about it for me is that it doesnt tan my legs for some reason? that might just be because my legs are odd, but i always havr to put some dove on it.
    If you didnt want to spend quite so much or not use something that's quite as messy, i would definitley get the Dove summer glow body lotion in the meduim to dark. You have to put it on a couple of times before it gets to quite a deep colour, but it's nice to put on and you can get a face one too! it;s about £6 from boots or superdrug!
    Hope this has helped!

In the past I have used Fake Bake and St Tropez.

The Fake Bake did nothing for me. When I put it on (the lotion) it looked like I had smothered myself in chocolate and was really uncomfortable as you have to keep it on for ages! When I washed it off, absolutely NO DIFFERENCE! I am very pale so I found it amazing that there wasn't even a hint of colour difference.

St Tropez is better, but only just. With this, it gave me a nice colour but I found it wore off too easily and I was back to pale within a few days.

I have now decided to embrace being pale as I really can't be bothered to fake tan every few days!

I have tried the St Tropez gradual tanner too, this was ok but took ages to build up any colour.

[QUOTE=kimbyanne;4111173]In the past I have used Fake Bake and St Tropez.

The Fake Bake did nothing for me. When I put it on (the lotion) it looked like I had smothered myself in chocolate and was really uncomfortable as you have to keep it on for ages! When I washed it off, absolutely NO DIFFERENCE! QUOTE]

Hey! I was just wondering if you kept the fake bake on over night? I first put it on for a few hours, washed it off and nothing had happened. I decided to try it over night, and although it made a mess all over my nice pjs, when i woke up and had showered i was a lovely dark colour(besides the legs.. they just dont tan!!).
    x

lazzledazzle;4118242

[QUOTE=kimbyanne;4111173]In the past I have used Fake Bake and St Tropez. … [QUOTE=kimbyanne;4111173]In the past I have used Fake Bake and St Tropez. The Fake Bake did nothing for me. When I put it on (the lotion) it looked like I had smothered myself in chocolate and was really uncomfortable as you have to keep it on for ages! When I washed it off, absolutely NO DIFFERENCE! QUOTE]Hey! I was just wondering if you kept the fake bake on over night? I first put it on for a few hours, washed it off and nothing had happened. I decided to try it over night, and although it made a mess all over my nice pjs, when i woke up and had showered i was a lovely dark colour(besides the legs.. they just dont tan!!).x

Yeap, slept in it all night (which is horrible!) and it didnt do a thing.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826348
      2. Royal Mil track and trace77
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814465
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553766

See more discussions