Fake xbox one psu sold as official psu

Posted 27th May
hi. I was looking for an xbox one power brick and they're selling for alot. I saw 1 guy selling "official cbox kne power supply" for £26.95. I messaged the guy to ask if theyre genuine and he said they are. He doesn't show logo as he's not an official reseller. I ordered one.

Just got delivery today

3472451-GQlhb.jpg3472451-Q1oJb.jpg3472451-CkSmL.jpg3472451-sz6zp.jpg3472451-pGcWA.jpgI just sold 1 xbox one I replaced the HDD on so I know this looks way cheaper and tacker then them. I have another that I have replaced HDD on but need a PSU to sell it. But I cannot sell with this one as I'm worried about safety.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
montana7827/05/2020 14:03

...Fakes are not allowed to have Microsoft written on them.

Been a while since I lol'd. Thanks.
18 Comments
Scan the qrcode, see what it tells you
regretful127/05/2020 12:16

Scan the qrcode, see what it tells you

That could be a photocopy. Lol
I dunno dude, I looked at the seller's other items. I think I'd believe him.
Half the stickers missing anyway, and I was wondering what the qr code shows
That definitely looks like a genuine "official cbox kne power supply" to me.
regretful127/05/2020 12:33

Half the stickers missing anyway, and I was wondering what the qr code …Half the stickers missing anyway, and I was wondering what the qr code shows

nothing, just takes to word document, search results show wish selling for £13
deleted11933
Just look up the model code pe-2201-02m1 on google and compare.
Looks pretty clear cut to me.....
does it light up? and go from orange to white?..
deleted1193327/05/2020 13:18

Just look up the model code pe-2201-02m1 on google and compare.Looks …Just look up the model code pe-2201-02m1 on google and compare.Looks pretty clear cut to me.....

40888394-nbERp.jpgThis is what all genuine ones looked like on all Xbox Ones I have ever seen.most of it is glossy,

40888394-BkQMO.jpgand the label underneath, stating microsoft on it. Fakes are not allowed to have Microsoft written on them. And the label qiality can be seen as much higher than a cheaply printed one that I have purchased.

[Image] This is what all genuine ones looked like on all Xbox Ones I have …[Image] This is what all genuine ones looked like on all Xbox Ones I have ever seen.most of it is glossy, [Image] and the label underneath, stating microsoft on it. Fakes are not allowed to have Microsoft written on them. And the label qiality can be seen as much higher than a cheaply printed one that I have purchased.

OP, you keep talking about a "fake" PSU, but here's the main question, does the item actually work?
Haircut_10027/05/2020 14:11

OP, you keep talking about a "fake" PSU, but here's the main question, …OP, you keep talking about a "fake" PSU, but here's the main question, does the item actually work?

I have not plugged it in. My thing is if I wanted a 3rd party PSU then I could've bought it at least £10 cheaper. And when it comes to power supplies I only buy branded ones fore safety and reliabilities. I've seen too many (cheap) 3rd party PSU's burnt out including macbook chargers. I will be selling this xBox One on eBay. Someone will probably buy it for their kids who will keep in their bedroom. If the kid leaves it on ovirnight to an update and the thing catches on fire I feel responsible for this.

Sure, i like bargains, But its always safety first.
montana7827/05/2020 14:18

I have not plugged it in. My thing is if I wanted a 3rd party PSU then I …I have not plugged it in. My thing is if I wanted a 3rd party PSU then I could've bought it at least £10 cheaper. And when it comes to power supplies I only buy branded ones fore safety and reliabilities. I've seen too many (cheap) 3rd party PSU's burnt out including macbook chargers. I will be selling this xBox One on eBay. Someone will probably buy it for their kids who will keep in their bedroom. If the kid leaves it on ovirnight to an update and the thing catches on fire I feel responsible for this. Sure, i like bargains, But its always safety first.

Well if you think that it isn't genuine then just open a case in eBay and return it on the grounds that you don't think it is authentic. You seem to already be fairly sure that it is a third party PSU and not a genuine Microsoft one, just try and return it and move on.
Haircut_10027/05/2020 14:20

Well if you think that it isn't genuine then just open a case in eBay and …Well if you think that it isn't genuine then just open a case in eBay and return it on the grounds that you don't think it is authentic. You seem to already be fairly sure that it is a third party PSU and not a genuine Microsoft one, just try and return it and move on.

Luckily there's another seller with used genuine charger now for £30. So I ordered that one

...Fakes are not allowed to have Microsoft written on them.

deleted11933
AndyRoyd27/05/2020 14:57

Why was that funny Andy. I know you are an intelligent guy. Generally speaking the lawsuit is going to be worse if you copy the logo on some Nike trainers etc as opposed to ripping off the design.
As long as it doesnt say Microsoft etc on it then they will survive selling compatible bricks.
deleted1193328/05/2020 11:03

Why was that funny Andy. I know you are an intelligent guy. Generally …Why was that funny Andy. I know you are an intelligent guy. Generally speaking the lawsuit is going to be worse if you copy the logo on some Nike trainers etc as opposed to ripping off the design.As long as it doesnt say Microsoft etc on it then they will survive selling compatible bricks.

I asked to return the item, The seller is still telling me they're genuine. And telling me to check how many he's sold. I advised its not for personal use but to sell with an xBox so would prefer a refund.
deleted11933
montana7828/05/2020 11:31

I asked to return the item, The seller is still telling me they're …I asked to return the item, The seller is still telling me they're genuine. And telling me to check how many he's sold. I advised its not for personal use but to sell with an xBox so would prefer a refund.

Raise a case asking to return and Ebay are bound to let you return it.
Post a comment
@
    Text