Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.

Found 26th Sep 2017Edited by:"deeky"
Ever wondered if the reviews for a particular item on Amazon are genuine? I know (hope) that most on here have a reasonable nose for detecting fake reviews, but just in case, try this site:

fakespot.com/

I just discovered it and think it's really rather clever. I tried it on some highly rated Amazon products and all the results seems to correspond with my suspicions.

Try it on this:

amazon.co.uk/Pur…ier

Then on this, which we all know is decent stuff:

amazon.co.uk/NUM…ver
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
not me deeky fake nose all the way
32098873-pHQCT.jpg
but ta anyway
Edited by: "Wongy110" 26th Sep 2017
Thanks deeky
32098939-j8jU7.jpg
15 Comments
Seems to work, thanks for the heads up Deeky
not me deeky fake nose all the way
32098873-pHQCT.jpg
but ta anyway
Edited by: "Wongy110" 26th Sep 2017
Thanks deeky
32098939-j8jU7.jpg
Henry's are crap though Deekles
MSK.52 m ago

Stop being a pedantic moggie That's irrelevant
MSK.59 m ago

Henry's are nice if you are in the mood
but I don't think you mean the ones you order at the bar ?
deeky9 m ago

Stop being a pedantic moggie That's irrelevant

I tested it before with another cleaning thing I bought and liked and it said all the reviews were fake... not convinced, sorry.

32100297-iQByR.jpg
It's an interesting tool, but I wouldn't rely on it too heavily. I think, as you say, most clued-up users would come to the same conclusion on the fake reviews anyway - but this flags up quite a few seemingly alright products as suspect too. From the analysis provided, the algorithm seems quite simplistic.
I checked a great pair of Bluetooth headphones I've been using for the last two years, and apparently the reviews are dodgy. Likewise, I tested a POS set of Chinese lights I got sent for free, and the decision is so-so.
I freely admit to having tread the wrong side of the line on this one for a while - I'm no shill but I get 10-15 freebies a week. To find 'fake reviews', the biggest giveaway is when three or four top five hundred reviewers all decide to buy an LED singing shoe-horn on the same day - that's a product to be wary of.
MSK.1 h, 5 m ago

I tested it before with another cleaning thing I bought and liked and it …I tested it before with another cleaning thing I bought and liked and it said all the reviews were fake... not convinced, sorry.[Image]

That cat.... That can't be real?
Destard29 m ago

That cat.... That can't be real?

It is weird, but there's more than one video of him doing that
I think some of the reviews for this album are fake,

amazon.co.uk/Who…FXK

Edit, if you have time to kill, the 200+ 5* reviews are worth the effort.
Edited by: "shadey12" 27th Sep 2017
I would want to know more details of the proprietary technology this site claims to have before trusting it.
Pity they don’t have a way of checking for multis on HUKD
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 27th Sep 2017
If it says "verified purchase" doesn't that mean someone has actually purchased the item?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants