Expired

Falklands Islands-Could it be round 2?

Found 18th Feb 2010
Storm in a tea cup or could Argentina try to take advantage of a lot of our forces being deployed in the MIddle East to have another go at nicking them from us?

Personally I am undecided at the minute but we must be prepared to defend them if necessary

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
52 Comments

Original Poster

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

The UK has made "all the preparations that are necessary" to protect the … The UK has made "all the preparations that are necessary" to protect the Falkland Islands, Prime Minister Gordon Brown has said

WTF

Usually good for a governments ratings a good ol war.

Election on the horizon.......

Banned

boothy;7877891

but we must be prepared to defend them if necessary

lol i love how you think you're churchil or something

Banned

TBH, I don't think so, we have permanent numbers of troops out there anyway, just in case.:w00t:

Lol we would have no chance now,

"Personally I am undecided at the minute but [COLOR="Red"]we[/COLOR] must be prepared to defend them if necessary"

are you going to go over the Falklands and defend the island with the troops???

Banned

bykergrove;7877926

lol i love how you think you're churchil or something

I like how he says 'we' even though he's not actually in the army:-D

Original Poster

Abz;7877987

"Personally I am undecided at the minute but [COLOR="Red"]we[/COLOR] must … "Personally I am undecided at the minute but [COLOR="Red"]we[/COLOR] must be prepared to defend them if necessary"are you going to go over the Falklands and defend the island with the troops???

Yes,If required I would of course go/rejoin

FilthAndFurry;7877992

I like how he says 'we' even though he's not actually in the army:-D

So people not in the forces cannot play an active role in overseas conflicts then?

I am sure my grandad who built spitfires in the 40's would be so proud of himself if he were alive now.

Banned

greg_68;7878020

So people not in the forces cannot play an active role in overseas … So people not in the forces cannot play an active role in overseas conflicts then?

Is there a British equivalent of a 'chickenhawk'?

Banned

boothy;7877997

Yes,If required I would of course go/rejoin

You know, it's a bit hush-hush - but I think the army needs willing volunteers right now:whistling:

Banned

Wow..... Just think of all that lovely oil we'll have by the end of it all!!! :-D:-D:-D

Banned

tonyg1962;7877973

Lol we would have no chance now,

spot on! We'd stand no chance against the argies as spread too thin already.

It would be a good excuse to pull our troops out of a war we shouldn't really be in and fight for our own bit of country for once in a while.

Banned

csiman;7878143

spot on! We'd stand no chance against the argies as spread too thin … spot on! We'd stand no chance against the argies as spread too thin already.

Na we'd be alright, drag Maggie out of retirement, keep her alive for a few years, she'd sort them out. *Hides*

Do you ever have anything else on your mind except war, racism and theft ? Its a little bit tedious tbh.

iNSOMANiAC;7878272

Do you ever have anything else on your mind except war, racism and theft … Do you ever have anything else on your mind except war, racism and theft ? Its a little bit tedious tbh.

Could be a rasict thief who likes a fight? :w00t:

iNSOMANiAC;7878272

Do you ever have anything else on your mind except war, racism and theft … Do you ever have anything else on your mind except war, racism and theft ? Its a little bit tedious tbh.

I think Boothy gets his enjoyment from posting threads about war, racism and theft and then sitting back and watching the HUKD community argue about pointless matters....

No reason to go to war over oil for a company, shockingly bad decision if we end up at war on behalf of the oil companies

Banned

richardcotton;7878351

No reason to go to war over oil for a company, shockingly bad decision if … No reason to go to war over oil for a company, shockingly bad decision if we end up at war on behalf of the oil companies

but arent we the major shareholders anyway for the likes of BP, Shell?

viva de junta de argentina!

iNSOMANiAC;7878272

Goonieman;7878315

Could be a rasict thief who likes a fight? :w00t:

Abz;7878317

I think Boothy gets his enjoyment from posting threads about war, racism … I think Boothy gets his enjoyment from posting threads about war, racism and theft and then sitting back and watching the HUKD community argue about pointless matters....

You are so right, Boothy in future can you please post hard hitting stuff like pancake toppings, last nights footaball or the latest 5 letter wordsearch instead of trivial matters like war.:whistling:

iNSOMANiAC;7878272

You left out BNP

Oh hang on , actually you didnt :thumbsup:

greg_68;7878373

You are so right, Boothy in future can you please post hard hitting stuff … You are so right, Boothy in future can you please post hard hitting stuff like pancake toppings, last nights footaball or the latest 5 letter wordsearch instead of trivial matters like war.:whistling:

If he wasnt so blatantly racist then it might be ok, but as it stands the chap obviously has serious issues he needs to address before he posts any more of his paranoid drivel about foreign countries.

I get the impression he begins every conversation with his fellow neanderthals in the pub (over a good old British pint of Carling) with the line 'Im not a racist but........' and ends it with a declaration of war and a grunt.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;7878176

Na we'd be alright, drag Maggie out of retirement, keep her alive for a … Na we'd be alright, drag Maggie out of retirement, keep her alive for a few years, she'd sort them out. *Hides*

I agree actually,only decent thing she ever did

I think a lot of people confuse patriotism with racism personally.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt79/englishmuse/ScarJo_popcorn.gif

greg_68;7878451

And I think a lot of people confuse idiocy with patriotism

Banned

greg_68;7878451

I don't think that's Boothy's fault though:whistling:

tinkerbell28;7878176

Na we'd be alright, drag Maggie out of retirement, keep her alive for a … Na we'd be alright, drag Maggie out of retirement, keep her alive for a few years, she'd sort them out. *Hides*

Yeah mrs mass murderer, how she didnt stand trial for war crimes is unbelieveable

Sinking the General Belgrano with hundreds of men on board when it was outside the exclusion zone

:whistling:

Charlie Scene;7878455

:lol:

Certainly looks like a possibility.

Banned

greg_68;7878373

You are so right, Boothy in future can you please post hard hitting stuff … You are so right, Boothy in future can you please post hard hitting stuff like pancake toppings, last nights footaball or the latest 5 letter wordsearch instead of trivial matters like war.:whistling:

:lol: Or the I have cut my arm off and am bleeding heavily, what do you suggest I do, don't want to waste a dr's time threads.

boothy;7878433

I agree actually,only decent thing she ever did

Indeed, she had balls of steel that's for sure, she'd sort it.

greg_68;7878451

They do, hence the ludicrous problem some councils have with displaying any kind of flag on St. Georges day for example.

Banned

tinkerbell28;7878554

They do, hence the ludicrous problem some councils have with displaying … They do, hence the ludicrous problem some councils have with displaying any kind of flag on St. Georges day for example.

Which councils?

FilthAndFurry;7878566

Which councils?

and who is St. George?

Banned

Bully;7878595

and who is St. George?

Patron Saint of syphilis, skin diseases, leprosy, the plague, Bulgaria, Lebanon....

oh, and England.

tinkerbell28;7878554

:lol: Or the I have cut my arm off and am bleeding heavily, what do you … :lol: Or the I have cut my arm off and am bleeding heavily, what do you suggest I do, don't want to waste a dr's time threads.

you will be ok my mate had that problem, dip it in salt and put a band aid on it :thumbsup:

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7878566

Which councils?

Rugby council is the one I remember as they didn't try and cover it up with any h&s nonsense, google is your friend, you are getting lazy, especially as your supposedly a journalist, is that right?

Charlie Scene;7878688

you will be ok my mate had that problem, dip it in salt and put a band … you will be ok my mate had that problem, dip it in salt and put a band aid on it :thumbsup:

That's sound advice there :thumbsup:

Charlie Scene;7878688

you will be ok my mate had that problem, dip it in salt and put a band … you will be ok my mate had that problem, dip it in salt and put a band aid on it :thumbsup:

Do you think we need a tips and advice section (maybe right next to misc), this great piece of advice could be invaluable to someone one day.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. black friday dates for halfords55
  2. Any PS4 News Here29313897
  3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769654
  4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247679

See more discussions