Fallout 4 - Free to own or a free weekend? (Xbox One)

Found 16th May
I won't post this as a 'deal' just yet as I'm not completely sure what it is, or if it's either of the titled mentioned options. But I've just spotted on Reddit that Free to Play: Fallout 4 has appeared on the Xbox Store.

It's a completely different listing to the main game...

2940503-vSTFP.jpg
Free to Play: Fallout 4

2940503-SlSy9.jpg
The free weekends are usually placed in the main game page with a play now button. Maybe something Bethesda have up their sleeve for E3?

The Free to Play bundle shows the package as...

2940503-YT80v.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
Just bought and should be downloading on Xbox now. Will try and play it later. Looks like a glitch. Thanks @BuzzDuraband
Get it posted!
Xboxgamer3214 m ago

Just bought and should be downloading on Xbox now. Will try and play it …Just bought and should be downloading on Xbox now. Will try and play it later. Looks like a glitch. Thanks @BuzzDuraband

Fingers crossed

Xboxgamer3212 m ago

Get it posted!

I don't even know what it is exactly yet.
deleted396333
Well this is a strange one!
I already own the physical copy and have it installed, I wonder if I push to Xbox it will bypass disc insertion?
Superflyguy_uk1 m ago

I already own the physical copy and have it installed, I wonder if I push …I already own the physical copy and have it installed, I wonder if I push to Xbox it will bypass disc insertion?

It does yes. That's what I did before popping this thread up. The question is though, what exactly is this?
It’s worth noting that after getting this I then went in to the main listing that was £19.99 before I got the free listing and it had changed to “Purchased on 16/5/2018” instead of showing the price so both licenses are the same which would suggest that this “free” one isn’t a scaled down version or a free weekend. I could be wrong though.

Interesting
Might as well give it ago. Good find.
Edited by: "SerpentSuicide" 16th May
I seem to recall something similar happened with borderlands handsome collection ages ago where MS made the wrong listing free on a free weekend so it looked like it would be free forever but they fixed it.
Richard_Richard1 m ago

I seem to recall something similar happened with borderlands handsome …I seem to recall something similar happened with borderlands handsome collection ages ago where MS made the wrong listing free on a free weekend so it looked like it would be free forever but they fixed it.

Strangely, FO4 only had a free weekend 12 weeks ago. It can't be that rinse and repeat, can it?
BuzzDuraband33 m ago

Strangely, FO4 only had a free weekend 12 weeks ago. It can't be that …Strangely, FO4 only had a free weekend 12 weeks ago. It can't be that rinse and repeat, can it?

It wouldn't surprise me if they did push it every 3 months on a free.

I was thinking of - hotukdeals.com/dea…186 I got it at the time but it didn't last.
already have disk version but more games in the "You don't have to stand up and change disc to play" pile the better...

cheers buzz.
Showing 19.99 for me
33807950-kpT7Z.jpgLooks like it will not be free once the free trial ends as this is what I get now on the £19.99 version.
Update. Playing now on digital. Clearly has worked. No free trial or anything like that has popped up! Thanks @BuzzDuraband
BuzzDuraband13 h, 37 m ago

It does yes. That's what I did before popping this thread up. The question …It does yes. That's what I did before popping this thread up. The question is though, what exactly is this?

Installing from Xbox store, 28gb even though it's already installed. I launched the game earlier and it said Flash Sale, but nothing to select, I don't own any add ons and they are greyed out, maybe it unlocks them? dunno, we'll see when my ghost 28gb finishes

edit, just bundle sale in creation club, no add ons..so don't download again from Xbox Store if you already own and have it installed, but launch without disc works...Cheers Buzz
Edited by: "Superflyguy_uk" 16th May
If you scroll down it’s a free weekend 17-20th onl
Hmmmmm So, just tried fallout 4 as it the free weekend expired yesterday and I can still play it. It would seem that what happened on Wednesday was a glitch that was albeit quickly rectified, so anyone who downloaded it before it was fixed now have the game to own?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants