Fallout 4 - PS4 Urgent Help Needed Please

Found 25th Dec 2015
I am playing fallout 4 and have already given about 20-25 hours in it, yesterday morning, unfortunately I broke the fallout 4- ps4 disk.. I immediately ordered from Amazon prime now and when I insert the disk it installs as a new game. No more load option available. I have the save files on the hdd.. I really don't know what to do here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Community Updates
14 Comments
I don't know how it works with ps4 but with Xbox all you would do is go into the game file on your storage and delete the install but KEEP the saves and updates, and let the game install and it should load up to the menu with your saves ready to go, but that's Xbox one I would hope ps4 was the same
Thats strange if you still have the save data on your hard drive and the game isnt recognising it. Try uploading the save data to the cloud then redownloading it. You need a ps plus subscription though.
sounds like the discs are from different regions, you need one that's the same as the original.
ps4 and Xbox one are region free
Persona_

Thats strange if you still have the save data on your hard drive and the … Thats strange if you still have the save data on your hard drive and the game isnt recognising it. Try uploading the save data to the cloud then redownloading it. You need a ps plus subscription though.

​i will definitely try that.. I have two fallout 4 thumbnails on my ps4 now.. Hope this works ..
tj19990

I don't know how it works with ps4 but with Xbox all you would do is go … I don't know how it works with ps4 but with Xbox all you would do is go into the game file on your storage and delete the install but KEEP the saves and updates, and let the game install and it should load up to the menu with your saves ready to go, but that's Xbox one I would hope ps4 was the same

​i was hoping for the same, but my saves have not synced with the new disk I guess.. thanks
eternaldragonuk

sounds like the discs are from different regions, you need one that's the … sounds like the discs are from different regions, you need one that's the same as the original.

​i read that online on some forums that if they are from different region this might happen.., are you sure there's nothing I can do and I thought ps4 is region free..
If you was on a patched version of the game, most the time the saves will not work unless you update to the latest version your saves were linked to. However, unless you deleted the patch and the fact you now have two fallout icons means its mostly likely you've purchased a version of fallout from a different region. PS4 is region free and will play any game, but saves are locked to the region of the game unfortunately. You will either have to start again of return the game and rebuy the same region as the broken disc fallout you have! PS3 enabled you to edit the saves to overcome this problem but PS4 saves are a lot more locked down now.
how do you break a disc accidentally? it's not like they smash when dropped. Did you get game rage?
zeropoint97

If you was on a patched version of the game, most the time the saves will … If you was on a patched version of the game, most the time the saves will not work unless you update to the latest version your saves were linked to. However, unless you deleted the patch and the fact you now have two fallout icons means its mostly likely you've purchased a version of fallout from a different region. PS4 is region free and will play any game, but saves are locked to the region of the game unfortunately. You will either have to start again of return the game and rebuy the same region as the broken disc fallout you have! PS3 enabled you to edit the saves to overcome this problem but PS4 saves are a lot more locked down now.

Thanks mate that explains a lot.. I guess I have to start again.. Because don't think amazon will accept a opened game for return..
discozohan

how do you break a disc accidentally? it's not like they smash when … how do you break a disc accidentally? it's not like they smash when dropped. Did you get game rage?

Lol no I sat on it..
vivek67

Thanks mate that explains a lot.. I guess I have to start again.. Because … Thanks mate that explains a lot.. I guess I have to start again.. Because don't think amazon will accept a opened game for return..

Where did you buy each copy from? That would help to work out whether region differences are the issue here. You're right, though, that you'd not typically expect to be able to return an opened copy.

Are you able to post a photo of the back of each game case?
vivek67

Lol no I sat on it..

Always put discs back in their case when not in your console.
The broken one was from game collection, it was a preorder copy, the new one I bought from Amazon. I am sorry but can't post photo as I am not at home.
vivek67

The broken one was from game collection, it was a preorder copy, the new … The broken one was from game collection, it was a preorder copy, the new one I bought from Amazon. I am sorry but can't post photo as I am not at home.

Okay - when you can check the game boxes to check the regions for each, I'd suggest that it might be worth you querying why you received a non-UK copy from whichever retailer sent it - unless of course, it was listed as such.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants