Groups

Family guy Vs simpsons Vs South park

which of the three above is your favourite and why?

56 Comments

Can you add futurama

Original Poster

My Faourite is Family guy, followed by the Simpsons and South Park is funny but not as good as the other two for me....

dandoc2

Can you add futurama

No!

imnicebuttdim

My Faourite is Family guy, followed by the Simpsons and South Park is … My Faourite is Family guy, followed by the Simpsons and South Park is funny but not as good as the other two for me....

Ditto :thumbsup:

imnicebuttdim

My Faourite is Family guy, followed by the Simpsons and South Park is … My Faourite is Family guy, followed by the Simpsons and South Park is funny but not as good as the other two for me....

Family guy WAS good but when it got cancelled after season 3 it should have stayed that way - season 4 + 5 were rubbish

Plus EVERYONE watches it now meaning its too mainstream and is now ****

Simpsons, it has been the best cartoon for a long, long time now

simpsons and family guy. although i also love King of the hill. makes me laugh soooo much lol

dandoc2

Family guy WAS good but when it got cancelled after season 3 it should … Family guy WAS good but when it got cancelled after season 3 it should have stayed that way - season 4 + 5 were rubbishPlus EVERYONE watches it now meaning its too mainstream and is now ****

It's too mainstream??? What about the Simpsons? And how does something being "mainstream" affect whether it's a good show or not? I have all seasons of FG on dvd & think they're all fantastic! Futurama was pants!

Original Poster

I musst say I didnt take a fancy to futurama or King of the Hill, but it may have more to do with my sense of humour than the shows themselves...

There are parts of Family Guy I dont like but there are parts of it that I like a lot so it evens itself out.

1. Family guy
    2. Simpsons
    3. Futurama
    4. South Park

That's my list!

sadiebabes

It's too mainstream??? What about the Simpsons? And how does something … It's too mainstream??? What about the Simpsons? And how does something being "mainstream" affect whether it's a good show or not? I have all seasons of FG on dvd & think they're all fantastic! Futurama was pants!

Family guy are too self aware - they arnt making an effort they just throw in familiar phrases and expect you to laugh

Futurama pants........blasphemy

dandoc2

Family guy are too self aware - they arnt making an effort they just … Family guy are too self aware - they arnt making an effort they just throw in familiar phrases and expect you to laugh Futurama was pants Sadie, I agree

What's that got to do with being mainstream? All tv programs "re-use" phrases...

Original Poster

prime example of tv programmes reusing phrases and storylines is the soaps on tv, but lets not get into that

sadiebabes

What's that got to do with being mainstream? All tv programs "re-use" … What's that got to do with being mainstream? All tv programs "re-use" phrases...

For example look at something like little britain it was good at first but then it got rubbish as everything was the same and annoying

Family guy -- sometimes they have a few good episodes but 60% are rubbish imo

imnicebuttdim

prime example of tv programmes reusing phrases and storylines is the … prime example of tv programmes reusing phrases and storylines is the soaps on tv, but lets not get into that

:lol:

dandoc2

For example look at something like little britain it was good at first … For example look at something like little britain it was good at first but then it got rubbish as everything was the same and annoying Family guy -- sometimes they have a few good episodes but 60% are rubbish imo

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it but you still haven't backed up the "too mainstream" point you made...

sadiebabes

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it but you still haven't … Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it but you still haven't backed up the "too mainstream" point you made...

Its not as good as it used to be -- when i started watching family guy and mentioned it to people they were like whats that - now everyone watches it which doesnt make it as good anymore

Original Poster

i think before it was a hidden gem but now more people know about it its not as special anymore....

So because more people watch it now, it's not as good?? :?

imnicebuttdim

i think before it was a hidden gem but now more people know about it its … i think before it was a hidden gem but now more people know about it its not as special anymore....

Hit the nail on the head

dandoc2

Hit the nail on the head

He never said the program wasn't as good anymore! He just said it's not as special - which I understand... But to say something's rubbish because it's "mainstream" is ridiculous.

Now I thought that sharing a hidden gem improved what you had.

lawe

Now I thought that sharing a hidden gem improved what you had.

Yer i showed it to my friend and he bought the boxsets which annoyed me
    Its not as good as it used to be thats my point

dandoc2

Yer i showed it to my friend and he bought the boxsets which annoyed me … Yer i showed it to my friend and he bought the boxsets which annoyed me Its not as good as it used to be thats my point

Because "it's too mainstream" - that was your point...

family guy ALL DAY LONG
    american dad
    simpsons
    king of the hill
    south park

Original Poster

everyone wants something that is a secret adn that was his secret

imnicebuttdim

everyone wants something that is a secret adn that was his secret

Because his sex change was made public along time ago...

:giggle:

[SIZE="1"](You know I'm joking Dan! :lol:)[/SIZE]

sadiebabes

Because his sex change was made public along time ago...[SIZE="1"](You … Because his sex change was made public along time ago...[SIZE="1"](You know I'm joking Dan! :lol:)[/SIZE]

LOL truce :-D

Lol :friends:

liking your new avatar btw

sadiebabes

Because his sex change was made public along time ago...:giggle: … Because his sex change was made public along time ago...:giggle: [SIZE="1"](You know I'm joking Dan! :lol:)[/SIZE]

http://www.thesmashmix.com/wp-content/Quagmire.jpg

Sorry, just had to!

sadiebabes

Lol :friends:liking your new avatar btw

Thanks stewie orange now go listen to some beethoven

lawe

Sorry, just had to!

http://forums.di.fm/images/smilies/lmao.gif

1. Family Guy
    2. Futurama
    3. simpsons
    4. south park

Original Poster

im Glad a lot of people like family guy, I was watching it last nite on BBC 3 and was thining that i bet a lot of people find it funnny and so far iv been right....

Out of the list South Park but overall Futurama :w00t:

Family Guy then Simpsons, if you'd of asked me 2 months ago I'd of said simpsons.
    Family guy is also on the FX channel most week nights (although they get repeated).
    I've got Brian singing peanut butter jelly time as my ringtone.

Family guy is funny, but it's the most poorly written in terms of comedy.

Banned

Love them all, but South Park just makes me laugh out loud and think jesus ****, how did they get away with that.

i love family guy...i have brian on my dash lol...its better than most shows on tv in my opinion lol

Banned

Just spoke to my eight year old who I have watched South Park with (he knows the rules, you repeat a bad word, then you never watch again) although he loves the Simpsons, he says South Park is way the funniest.

So speaks the voice of youth. Although, he loves Homer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423414457

See more discussions