Family Holiday to Abu Dhabi and Dubai on a tight budget!

Found 7th May
Hi all,

Iv booked the mrs and my kids (aged 10 and 12) for a 9 day, family holiday to the emirates during Oct half term. Hoping it to be a once in a lifetime thing so planning to do both Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
sadly only weeks after booking did i find out that my working hours are being reduced by a third needless to say we are on a really tight budget, hotel at a max of £100/night (inc breakfast). and places to visit and see all possible with public transportion.

Never been before and want to make it fun and enjoyable without breaking the bank. being looking at Dubai maps for hotels close to metro stations, the beach and asian eat out places.

Can anyone recommend any nice but affordale places to stay, visit or even eat out for a family of four? id be really really grateful - thank u!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Try Premier Inn Abu Dhabi Capital Centre, it’s pretty cheap and has some facilities too.
From what I remember, Abu Dhabi hotels are cheaper than those in Dubai but are of similar standard. Have you thought about getting a studio apartment with a double bed and sofa bed with small kitchenette rather than a hotel room? Abu Dhabi hasn’t got the transport links but cabs are so cheap out there that everyone just uses them to get around. A must see is the Grand Mosque(free of charge - but females have to wear a hijab which is provided) Alternatively splash out on a day trip to Ferrari World. YasIsland would be a suggestion of area to stay in (where the Grand Prix) circuit is.
Ibos Debra city centre in Dubai is cheap and reasonable, I got it 24 quid a night b&b a few years ago
If your on a tight budget then I suggest u should stay closer to Deira or Bur Dubai rather than Jumeirah beach area bcos hotels are less costly than the 5 stars in Jumeirah and the Marina. I personally have stayed at the Ramada Jumeirah which is more towards Bur Dubai and it was only £60 per night inc breakfast. Eating out depends on what u like. There are some nice restaurants in Bur Dubai which won't break the bank.
Also if u get the chance, take the kids to Legoland Dubai, the waterpark in Legoland is fantastic it's near Jebel Ali.
We stay at holiday inn dubai. Walking distance from Mall of the emirates. Indoor real snow ski slope and cinema. Also recommend the jeep safari tour and wild waddy waterpark near the burj al arab
thanks for the responses so far.

My flight gets arrives and departs for Abu Dhabi so planning 3 nights in abu dhabi, and 6 nights in dubai. dont know which way round at the moment, abu dhabi first then dubai?

As for hotels in dubai, looking near deira, purely cos food is cheap and better access etc
any suggestions for a beach hotel - kids want beach for 2 nights!
so
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants