Family PC any recommendations TIA

Hi I'm looking for a family Desktop PC mainly for Microsoft applications, Internet browsing and for two little ones to use kids programmes on and record photos to dvd. I'm looking for something as cheap as possible and don't need any gaming specs any help much appreciated TIA.

3 Comments

Stick with Intel's mainstream processors. That's the Pentium models with a G prefix (e.g. G4400) and the i3/i5 etc. The low power J and N prefix processors are quite a bit slower at some things.

Pair that with an 240GB+ SSD for storage and 8GB or 16GB of memory and the result is a great PC for £300-350, maybe even less if you can find one on offer.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Stick with Intel's mainstream processors. That's the Pentium models with … Stick with Intel's mainstream processors. That's the Pentium models with a G prefix (e.g. G4400) and the i3/i5 etc. The low power J and N prefix processors are quite a bit slower at some things.Pair that with an 240GB+ SSD for storage and 8GB or 16GB of memory and the result is a great PC for £300-350, maybe even less if you can find one on offer.

​Ok thanks for the advice I shall look around

All in one machines with touch screens can help little ones but sometimes lack a built in dvd recorder. Desktops will most likely have the ability to plug into your router but often lack built in wifi.none of the above are a problem but if on a budget they turn into extras in terms of cost/cables etc
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions