Family Tree Help, Support or Advice

Looking into doing the family tree and am currently using the 14 day trial with Ancestry.

Does anyone know of any codes i can use (FTMWORLD50 does not work) and the monthly subscriptions are a tad expensive as the Family Tree Maker World Edition with code/cashback brings it down to £35 (from £99.99)

Any codes/advice would be great.

8 Comments

Did you know you can use ancestry for free at your local library?
I use all the free sites then take a list along to the library when I need ancestry. You can email the certificates to yourself then print them off at home.

+1 we use library sometimes have to go to the big one in edinburgh very interesting

my partner does this i can send u his email to u if u need help he has friends they all help each other for free

Original Poster

we're gonnna try ourselves at the mo - new libraries were free, but dont really visit that much. was looking for a subscription at home.

You could try amazon.co.uk/Fam…e_1 which includes 6 months ancestry for free. I think its not the top level of ancestry & not sure if you can upgrade. I have this myself but havent got around to activating yet so cant say. If you buy the World version you do get the top ancestry access but sure that would cost quite a lot more. Beware if you look elsewhere that one of the versions only offers 3 months access but costs about £20, just so you can compare.

Original Poster

that link doesnt state free subscription rosie?

Is that the full version of FTM thou? Six months would be ample like? Only need Premium Level (which includes Irish pre 1837), not World Wide?

Half way down the product description it says -Family Tree Maker 2010 PLATINUM comes with 6 months of free* access to the UK's largest online collection of family history resources.
Just above -
How can you make the most of Ancestry.co.uk?

The * means make sure you cancel your subscription 2 days before the 6 months is up or they charge you , so make sure you diarise it.

It says its the Essentials membership for ancestry so check if it covers the Irish data

Original Poster

ah cheers, couldn't see it! that may be enough, but will check
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions