Groups

fan belt: ford fiesta 1998

hi does any one know how easy it is to replace a fan belt on a ford fiesta 1998? it has power steering but not air conditioning.

also would it affect my power steering?

where could i buy one?

just been quoted £70 all in at kwik fit - is this good value for money?
    thanks

6 Comments

Avoid Kwik Fit like the plague.

The part is about £15 - 30 mins labour as an estimate.

Take it to a local garage.

should be about £60 at a local garage

get a haynes manual and do it yourself, £10 - £15 for the belt and 30 minutes of your time. You could even look for a ford or focus owner forum and ask in there.

Original Poster

ive been told now that one of the pulleys have bent and will need to be replaced is this a big expensive job?

thanks

djmalone1985

ive been told now that one of the pulleys have bent and will need to be … ive been told now that one of the pulleys have bent and will need to be replaced is this a big expensive job?thanks

in a 3 litre omega on christmas eve it cost me £170

djmalone1985

ive been told now that one of the pulleys have bent and will need to be … ive been told now that one of the pulleys have bent and will need to be replaced is this a big expensive job?thanks

If it was Kwik Fit saying this I'd be wary and get a second opinion, might just be bumping up the job?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1732
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764471
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1647
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27106

See more discussions