Groups

Fan on a Wii

When I turn the Wii on, the fan on the back doesn't move.

is that normal??

7 Comments

It's very quiet, but you should notice it if you put your ear up close, I think if it doesn't hum and whir slightly, it may not work. It's very quiet.

Original Poster

Looking at the back of the console, I can feel air but the fan doesn't look like it's moving?

An easy fix but I doubt the fan kicks in until it starts to cook the wii.

ifixit.com/Gui…459

superfreddy

Looking at the back of the console, I can feel air but the fan doesn't … Looking at the back of the console, I can feel air but the fan doesn't look like it's moving?

​If you feel air, it works, I did have a little air blow out but not like a ps4, don't think a Wii has a cooling system as advanced, just something small to keep the chip cool enough to operate, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Original Poster

Well the fan itself isn't moving...

superfreddy

Well the fan itself isn't moving...

​If you can see the fan, that's a problem itself, I've had two Wii consoles and both had an inner mesh. They were the old white console with the GC controller ports.

I had one where the fan didn't work & the console just overheated after about 3 minutes of being switched on. I looked online & saw the fan wasn't too difficult to replace but when I opened it up the connection to replace the fan was broken so I ended up just chucking it in the bin. That's the only Wii of many that's ever had a problem.

Edited by: "bernardsfingers" 5th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iptv1228
      2. Music download79
      3. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1416

See more discussions