Groups

Fancy dress help - I'll be 36 weeks pregnant!!!

I've just found out I'm invited to a 'movie theme' party when I will be 36 weeks pregnant. It doesn't have to be fancy dress but my OH, so and daughter will all be wearing star wars dressing up stuff. What about me??!!!
    Anyone got any ideas? I am normally a size 16 but obviously will be huge at that point and very warm!
    Also if anyone has any ideas where to get a star wars outfit for my then 2 year old at a decent price can you point me in the right direction please.
    Thanks for all your help

27 Comments

You can pick up Star Wars outfits at Tesco.

As for you........how about Jabba the Hut :w00t: :oops:

jk.

you could be princess leia in her white dress, just nice light fabric which would keep you cool and it will hide your bump or if you want to show the bump you could where her golden bikini!

i so wouldnt dare dress up at that stage lol

Original Poster

Syzable do you live on here??!!! You are always around to help:thumbsup:

Don't think I will fit in a standard costume even in a jabba the hut one! Also may be a little hot at the end of June. Will have a look in Tesco though thanks.

Original Poster

Leila70;4949402

you could be princess leia in her white dress, just nice light fabric … you could be princess leia in her white dress, just nice light fabric which would keep you cool and it will hide your bump or if you want to show the bump you could where her golden bikini!

Maybe not the bikini!!!

a surgeon? ER

wookiemummy;4949414

Syzable do you live on here??!!! You are always around to … Syzable do you live on here??!!! You are always around to help:thumbsup:Don't think I will fit in a standard costume even in a jabba the hut one! Also may be a little hot at the end of June. Will have a look in Tesco though thanks.

I do. :oops: I'm sad. :-D

I called my wife Jabba with our first...........i've only just plucked up the courage to say the word again. :lol:

Leila70;4949402

you could be princess leia in her white dress, just nice light fabric … you could be princess leia in her white dress, just nice light fabric which would keep you cool and it will hide your bump or if you want to show the bump you could where her golden bikini!

I di that when I had a fancy dress thing and I was pregnant, it was really easy and was very cool and wasnt uncomforatble.

Wasn't Leias mother Padme Amidala shown as pregnant in one of the movies?

Syzable;4949440

I do. :oops: I'm sad. :-DI called my wife Jabba with our … I do. :oops: I'm sad. :-DI called my wife Jabba with our first...........i've only just plucked up the courage to say the word again. :lol:

my husband called me being pregnant.. "doin it sumo style"

one of these days I might forgive him....

natversion1;4949560

Wasn't Leias mother Padme Amidala shown as pregnant in one of the movies?

Padme's TWIN pregnancy stomach looked like she'd swallowed a grape.

She also gave birth with a small sigh....

Definitely Lucas wasn't presenting reality lol

ClarityofMind;4949588

Padme's TWIN pregnancy stomach looked like she'd swallowed a grape.She … Padme's TWIN pregnancy stomach looked like she'd swallowed a grape.She also gave birth with a small sigh....Definitely Lucas wasn't presenting reality lol

Creative License for the sake of a costume party? :thumbsup: otherwise it looks like she's going as Jabba lol

perhaps... get some ears and go as jar jar.. everyone recognises jar jar!

ClarityofMind;4949569

my husband called me being pregnant.. "doin it sumo style" one of these … my husband called me being pregnant.. "doin it sumo style" one of these days I might forgive him....

haha

talking of hubby's who need slapping.... was talking to mine about a wedding im going up to in may...its a university friends wedding and other people i havent seen since will be there. its been 9 yrs since uni and i have had 2 kids and never got back down to pre pregnancy size so im really stressed out that ppl are gonna be like wow uve changed bla bla bla.,..ie ur a jabba (as sy would say!) anyways was explianing my worries to hubby and he says...o dont worry just say u gotta gland problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

I slapped him quite hard....im not morbidly obese for goodness sakes! jeez!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3499/3315114289_877e11e538.jpg
    You could go as a Gamorrean guard.

How about....

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/death-star-1.jpg

Why not go as padme when she is pregnant with the twins - episode III??

M&S where going starwars outfits a while ago for cheap, not sure if they are still doing it?

Banned

Or maybe:

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/444463.jpg

Original Poster

Haven't seen episode 3 but will ask OH.
    I bought an M&S costume for OH for his birthday when they were cheap he is so excited that he can wear it to the party!!

Good job I have a sense of humour with some of the other ideas!!! I like the princess leia idea but would probaby have to get something made

Original Poster

Just looked at the padme stuff and it would be great but far too difficult / expensive to make! Given me a few ideas though...

wookiemummy;4949822

Haven't seen episode 3 but will ask OH. I bought an M&S costume for OH … Haven't seen episode 3 but will ask OH. I bought an M&S costume for OH for his birthday when they were cheap he is so excited that he can wear it to the party!!Good job I have a sense of humour with some of the other ideas!!! I like the princess leia idea but would probaby have to get something made

Its dead easy to run up a white plain tunic style dress then throw a belt round, very similar to the angel costumes you end up making for school plays every year!

Banned

http://www.derok.net/images/entertainment/goonies%20sloth.jpg

Just ditch the star wars and go with a classic....The Goonies lol

how many weeks are you now ? you might go down or up more than you think id wait till near the time i thought id be huge but im 31 weeks and only put on 8lbs expected to be alot bigger than i am, just a thought if its a while away

Also found a plus size female Jedi costume...

U need to scroll down to the bottom of the page for some reason

joke.co.uk/sto…152

Why don't you just wear your normal pregancy clothes, pin cardboard stars all over you which are really easy to come by, and take a play sword or gun with you. If people ask what you've come as you can say "Star Wars", at least then you've made an effort but will be comfortable (apart from being 36 weeks pregnant that is).

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. I'm 26 weeks now and know I'll be huge as this is my 3rd. Think I'll look around for a white smock dress and just have my hair tied up with some extra platts on the side. Really don't want to spend much on dressing up coz I'll definately not wear it again!!! Might pop into the local fancy dress shop to see what they have.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions